What's new

Done With Buying

I’m going to test mysel and purchase no new products except for soaps when I finally need to. I’ve got enough blades to last me for many years and my soaps will probably last for 3 or 4 years. I’ve no desire to get another razor. My modest collection serves me well. And I’ve got two boar brushes that I rotate. AS products will last for awhile. Who else here is all done with buying for awhile?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I am trying to curb my spending. I do struggle with buying shaving items from time to time. I cease buying and then I will see something that I think that I want but don’t need and then bing, a purchase is made and I have to think about starting the non buying all over again. Baby steps, baby steps.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Me..... unless I see something I really like 🙄 I am planning a razor sale in the next few weeks. Like most of us I have far too much stuff. I have about 30 aftershaves, 15 razors, 12 brushes, but not a lot of soaps. Recent events are making me re-evaluate things, especially my purchasing and consumerism.

Same here. I have committed myself to not buy anything shave related during 2021 unless it is necessary for shave (for example if something breaks or I actually run out of something important like blades). I do not think I will run out of anything.

I had said to myself that I wasn't going to buy anything until I used something up, however, I have so much stuff it's going to last year's for me so I'm going to work through it all first.

I 3017 so if I buy another soap/cream it's just going to sit in a pile with the rest... It seems a waste to me!

Same with blades, each one lasts me two weeks on average so I can't get through them quickly.

Refraining from buying makes sense to me!

I have two brushes I love, plus razors which work well, plus a years worth of soap. I'm very happy with everything. I'll spend this year enjoying what I have. For now, nothing can be bettered.

I joined the 2021 Shave Sabbatical. I did kind of a deep dive into this hobby the past year and now have more than I need. All in all it’s been a good distraction and not a bad choice. I enjoy using everything, it’s been fun to post photos, and it brought me to this awesome forum/community. All of that stuff has been really helpful this past year. It’s also good to know when to put the breaks on things, and enjoy what ya got! Best of luck to you all!! 💈🖖🏼💈

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I never say never. I have not purchased a razor in about 6 years, and have no plans to ever buy another - but who knows?

I've been using the same unscented Thayer's WH for about 5 years, but my last bottle came with what I assumed was a small travel bottle. No travel this year, and when I got to the small bottle I thought maybe it went bad - smelled not too good. Checking the label revealed that it was cucumber scent. I've read that people like this one, but apparently not me. Who ever ate a cucumber and thought, "you know, I'd like this smell all over my face?" The problem was that my wife was going over my Christmas wish list and wanted to know which scent. I had yet to try the cucumber and mentioned it as popular here. Thank God she got me Coconut water - lovely, and nearly unscented.

I have about 600 PolSilver SI blades left, but every once in a blue moon I think about trying something else.

I've been using MdC nearly every day for 4 years, but a couple of times a month I like a change. I've been using WK Pasha's Pride for at least a couple of years, but I just got a tin of SV.

So I don't like to predict when I'll give in and get something new. You can see that variety doesn't really mean much to me, I like to use my favorites. But sometimes I just buy something. I'm going to die someday and it doesn't bother me a bit to indulge myself on occasion. After all, nothing's too good for me!

My plan for 2021 is the same as it was for 2020.......to sell more than I buy, so that at the end of the year, I will have either spent nothing on shaving or I will have turned a profit, like I did in 2020. At this point, why limit myself to just restraint? I have enough stuff that I can easily end the year with LESS stuff than I started with, and turn a profit, too. Win-win.

I’m going to test mysel and purchase no new products except for soaps when I finally need to. I’ve got enough blades to last me for many years and my soaps will probably last for 3 or 4 years. I’ve no desire to get another razor. My modest collection serves me well. And I’ve got two boar brushes that I rotate. AS products will last for awhile. Who else here is all done with buying for awhile?
Check out GRUME. Some of us TRY to refrain from buying anything shaving related. One month at a time. 🙂

Pretty much done. But the Rex Ambassador and Homelike Shaving Taiga are not giving me any peace of mind.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk
I think the Rex will be my last razor purchase... until I buy the stainless steel hawk v3 and a gamechanger .84 of course. :devil:

I'm another entrant in the 2021 annual sabbatical; if successful it will be the 2nd year in a row. I don't think I'll become a minimalist, but can understand the appeal. I'd like to have a buy-to-replace plan, gradually paring down the supplies; fairly relaxed about it, though.

Top Bottom