What's new

Queensland Straight Razor Manufacturer

I was trawling eBay when I saw a straight razor maker called S.K.Colling & Co from Proserpine QLD. He's making 5/8" wedge blades with a square point and they go for $120-180.

Has anyone come across this manufacturer and is he any good? I like the look of his work and would be interested to hear your thoughts.

I was trawling eBay when I saw a straight razor maker called S.K.Colling & Co from Proserpine QLD. He's making 5/8" wedge blades with a square point and they go for $120-180.

Has anyone come across this manufacturer and is he any good? I like the look of his work and would be interested to hear your thoughts.
Can't say I have. Can you share a link?

Cheers, I've seen one in a SOTD before elsewhere. I'll see what I can find on it.
Couldn't find the post but did have a chat with the guy, Steve. Currently only sells on eBay but looking to start a Facebook page and a website depending on business interest. Also makes strops. No idea how well they shave, might take a punt in a couple of months ;)

Yeah I got told the same thing, then this morning he said that Facebook shut the page down as it was prohibited weapons or some such sh*t. He's on Paste & Cut if you were interested in seeing what he posts

Legion

Staff member
It arrived. I have't shaved with it yet, but the first impressions based on fit and finish are good.

DSC00498.JPG

Looks nice, what is the weight like? When I first saw them on the Bay I thought they were wedges, but was told they are hollow ground.

Legion

Staff member
Any follow up on how it shaves?
Needed some work out of the box. Not shave ready to my standards. And I think it might have been honed with a belt, because getting the bevel set on flat stones took a while. I still haven't got it 100% dialled in, but that is because I haven't had time to play with it. But it is shave ready now, and I am going to tweak it a little more before the next time I use it.

I still think the razor represents good value, but if you are not a honer you might need to have it honed for you before use. It will shave, but there is room for improvement if you want max comfort.

Top Bottom