What's new

365 shaves in 2021.

Seems like a lot of people shave every day. Is there a club or brotherhood of daily shavers? I shave every day partly for work necessity, but also for personal space and relaxation on weekends. I also find it interesting to see the combos that guys put together.
This is shave number four for me in 2021.
Resizer_16097794769370.jpg

Haven't seen such club yet. Would like to join it though.
Ok. Sometimes when you start something you discover that such a thing already exists, so just checking. Actually my experience with clubs in the years that I've been here is that they tend to get buried and stale. Threads work better, similar to the restraint/sabbatical threads.
So, let's use this thread to see who shaves without missing a day in 2021.

Maybe EDS club? (Every day shavers?)
I am also shaving every day. I just like the feel of no whiskers on my face.
Funny enough, I skipped a shave on Saturday and the feel of 0.3 mm of whiskers on my face was really weird.
Ha! You're out. Or maybe strike one? Five five yard penalty? 😎. Perhaps an exception should be permitted, like a restocking day in the restraints.

For the last 8 years there has been a "Club" in the Clubs & Brotherhood Forum that has had a "365 Shaves" club. This past year it was "365 Shaves Eight is (not) Enough." It hasn't been started for this year, which is odd.

Maybe you could contact a moderator and see about having this post moved to that forum and those of us that shave every day can continue with the tradition?

Thanks for posting.

An every day shave is almost mendatory.

When not wearing a beard it looks way more professional not having stubbles all over your face.

The additional benefit is a daily Spa experience for approx 15-30 min. I am always looking forward to this very moment. Day by day...

For the last 8 years there has been a "Club" in the Clubs & Brotherhood Forum that has had a "365 Shaves" club. This past year it was "365 Shaves Eight is (not) Enough." It hasn't been started for this year, which is odd.

Maybe you could contact a moderator and see about having this post moved to that forum and those of us that shave every day can continue with the tradition?

Thanks for posting.
Thanks for the heads up. Was there a certain member that ran it? I actually prefer a thread in the general shaving forum as it's more visible to new people. But I wouldn't want to take away from a formed club that has history.

Thanks for the heads up. Was there a certain member that ran it? I actually prefer a thread in the general shaving forum as it's more visible to new people. But I wouldn't want to take away from a formed club that has history.
There was a thread in Clubs & Brotherhoods but only two were posting by the end of the year. Check here; https://www.badgerandblade.com/foru...tion-eight-is-not-enough.579677/post-11060122

Why not post your rules and leave this thread running in the general section; seems the best wat forward.

Right. Perhaps the idea has already run its course here. I never noticed that thread ever. We'll see if this interests anyone. Personally, this is as significant of a thing as the GRUMEs. I thrive on routine. Even more than keeping myself from buying more kit I find the rigour of daily things a necessity for mental health. So there are certain fundamentals that I do not miss a day on, of which shaving admittedly may not be the most important, but one of the more enjoyable rituals. Happy and smooth shaves to all.

I'm in, I've shaved daily as of yet.
I'm in the GRUYERE and GRUME, so, not purchasing, shaving daily with what I have and posting is good for me.

What do you all think about rules and exceptions ?

There must be some margin to accommodate travel, health and special factors that might come as hinderance to daily shave.

I'm in, I've shaved daily as of yet.
I'm in the GRUYERE and GRUME, so, not purchasing, shaving daily with what I have and posting is good for me.

What do you all think about rules and exceptions ?

There must be some margin to accommodate travel, health and special factors that might come as hinderance to daily shave.
Agreed. Either that or lost shaves could be made up with twice daily shaves 😉

Top Bottom