What's new

The Christmas Contest is here!

I was, and still am, fat especially by Marine standards. Physical appearance is huge in the Marine Corps.
I am not a Marine, so maybe I am not qualified to judge, but you made a sacrifice for a fellow Marine that is what I would hope most Marines would do. Your physical condition may or may not measure up, but your character is strong (and I'd wager that your discharge was honorable). Not to dwell on the physical question, but you made it through bootcamp so you must not have been in that bad of shape. For what it's worth, I thank you for serving and am glad you are here at B&B.

I don't hold it against the guy...now. I looked more like a sailor than a Marine. I just didn't like that he was so aggressive about it. Anyway, I never saw him again. He got promoted and had been redeployed by the time I got back. I hope his kid turned out all right.

Just got my package in the mail was a bit excited so no unboxing but, here is the contents after I was a child on Christmas
IMG00007.jpg
IMG00006.jpg

Congratulations @cwright and @oldskool76 . The Captain has tons of great stuff, but if you need a recommendation, I absolutely love my copper lather bowl. It turned me into a bowl latherer after 6 years of face lathering.

Same as me, Garrett. I found that I am really enjoying using the copper bowl. I particularly like that if I accidentally drop it it won't break and it doesn't clink when you make lather. As a side note, my wife hated the scuttle (or as she called it, an ugly tea pot) that I would keep on my side of the sink. However, she likes the look of the copper bowl. In fact, I have to keep soap in it so she does not abscond it to put her jewelry in it!

Just did my first shave with the Bay Rum Soap, and applied the Bay Rum aftershave. I grabbed a fresh blade, opened the soap and saw that it is soft soap which I am not used to using wet my brush, wet my face loaded the brush and lathered on my face like I usually do, it was nice and slick, the scent seems to be lasting well and isn't so strong as to bother my parents here in the living room as I write this.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Hi!
I’m very excited to report that my Christmas present from Captain’s Choice arrived safely the day before Christmas! This is an amazing shave bowl, and I have been loving the initial uses! A huge thanks to @Captain Pre-Capsize for his generosity at the end of what has been a hard year for so many. Stay safe and I wish you all a Happy New Year!View attachment 1201694View attachment 1201695View attachment 1201696
That's beautiful. The Captain is Choice grade A in my book.

It’s funny, but I especially like on my bowl there is a double stamped logo which is slightly off. I feel that a little imperfection like that shows you that it was handmade.

(Note to self... From now on double stamp ALL logos.) 😉

In all seriousness that happens about one in a hundred so that one is a real keeper. Once in a great while the thumb rest on the front may exhibit a slight double impression. We have pretty tight tolerances that the factory works between and we love it when some slight variations come through depending on the craftsman. Factory workers need not apply - these are made one at a time by true artisans.

I remember my brother used to collect coins and had a whole jar of double stamped ones. I don't know how common it is these days since computers have replaced much of the human error

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
(Note to self... From now on double stamp ALL logos.) 😉

In all seriousness that happens about one in a hundred so that one is a real keeper. Once in a great while the thumb rest on the front may exhibit a slight double impression. We have pretty tight tolerances that the factory works between and we love it when some slight variations come through depending on the craftsman. Factory workers need not apply - these are made one at a time by true artisans.
Hey @Captain Pre-Capsize : doesn't your youtube channel have a video of the handmade bowls being crafted? I thought I saw one somewhere...

Top Bottom