What's new

Ebony (SE Asian) - SHD Finest

Man this one gave me fits with the CA finish. And I’m still not 100% happy which is dangerous. The ebony turned marvelously. Hogging the knot hole took some time and patience to let my forstner cool a few times. Turned it the day after Christmas but keep messing up the CA finish and sanding through in spots. Some interesting lessons I guess. Basically used a chubby top section, two rings, and a finger groove between duke and eagle. Feels nice.

50522C0A-4C35-4610-9CEF-9B2F5A1E3E7C.jpeg

Man this one gave me fits with the CA finish. And I’m still not 100% happy which is dangerous. The ebony turned marvelously. Hogging the knot hole took some time and patience to let my forstner cool a few times. Turned it the day after Christmas but keep messing up the CA finish and sanding through in spots. Some interesting lessons I guess. Basically used a chubby top section, two rings, and a finger groove between duke and eagle. Feels nice.

View attachment 1201566

Looks amazing in the picture. And sounds like most of my experiences with CA. It's a pain to work with but when it finally goes right it's fantastic.

Reactions: LJS
Top Bottom