What's new

Lupo stainless?

sorry, I have no idea what you're talking about. this thread is about the Razorock Stainless Lupo
Right. I'll clarify. It was mentioned there will be 3 plates with the new Lupo, the one I was referencing was the dual open comb version. Then i mentioned the Razorock SLOC and SLOC 2.0 razor seeing if people think the Lupo open comb will be great or potentially sort of be a disappointment like I've read their SLOC 2.0 is.

Can you Lupo owners tell me how they shave? Is it mild enough for a daily shaver? What do you like most about the Lupo?
To me it is a mild, smooth shave. I have never been one for an aggressive DE, this is mild to medium, but provides me with an excellent shave every time. I will say, I did try the aluminum Lupo and was not a fan, as it is a light weight razor, which I have never been a fan of. The stainless DLC has enough heft to it and it just an effortless razor to me, I love it.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Can you Lupo owners tell me how they shave? Is it mild enough for a daily shaver? What do you like most about the Lupo?

Not yet sure of its ultimate standing in relation to the other razors I am comparing in the "Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)" thread, but the DLC Lupo is a very good razor - in the top half for sure.

As a daily shaver? I have done week long daily shaves with the DLC Lupo without issue.

"The Stainless RazoRock Lupo w/DLC coating is also a very nice razor that shaves above its cost. The DLC coating feels a bit different against my face, which takes a little getting used to. The shaves are close, efficient and effective. Recommended."

YMMV :)

Not yet sure of its ultimate standing in relation to the other razors I am comparing in the "Comparison of DE Razors in My Den From ~$75 to ~$125 (USD)" thread, but the DLC Lupo is a very good razor - in the top half for sure.

As a daily shaver? I have done week long daily shaves with the DLC Lupo without issue.

"The Stainless RazoRock Lupo w/DLC coating is also a very nice razor that shaves above its cost. The DLC coating feels a bit different against my face, which takes a little getting used to. The shaves are close, efficient and effective. Recommended."

YMMV :)
Thank you gentlemen. It sounds like a razor that I might be interested in. As a daily shaver razors with huge blade gaps don't do anything for me and I don't care for lots of blade exposure. Some people love that blade feel but I am not one of them.

Right. I'll clarify. It was mentioned there will be 3 plates with the new Lupo, the one I was referencing was the dual open comb version. Then i mentioned the Razorock SLOC and SLOC 2.0 razor seeing if people think the Lupo open comb will be great or potentially sort of be a disappointment like I've read their SLOC 2.0 is.
Its not a dual open comb version they will be releasing, its a dual comb being SB on one side and OC on the other side!! :c4:

So sort of like Yaqi’s Flipside head then?

7835F761-8D0A-4E8B-966B-56D26CCADE97.jpeg
E937FCAF-7C8E-4FF5-9767-63452A039F21.jpeg

I asked....

Makes a lot of sense. I saw the gaps are .71, .95., and dual comb. Is the .71 the same as the DLC lupo? What is the gap on the dual and will we be able to buy multiple plates upon release? Appreciate the info

They replied...

.72 on the OC side, 0.95 on the safety bar side. 0.72 very similar to original Lupo

I saw a new post of theirs on Instagram where they showed the OC/SB plate, and someone asked when it will be available and they just said, “in the new year”. Pretty vague but it’s Razorock/Italian Barber so not surprising.

I saw a new post of theirs on Instagram where they showed the OC/SB plate, and someone asked when it will be available and they just said, “in the new year”. Pretty vague but it’s Razorock/Italian Barber so not surprising.

They postponed the launch because of the issues with the delivery services who run over capacity in the last weeks.

Btw I find it odd that this razor looks very similar to the 3one6 by EJ, which they criticized when it was released. Anyway, not hot that they changed the design of the Lupo SS. Makes it an entirely new razor.

They postponed the launch because of the issues with the delivery services who run over capacity in the last weeks.

Btw I find it odd that this razor looks very similar to the 3one6 by EJ, which they criticized when it was released. Anyway, not hot that they changed the design of the Lupo SS. Makes it an entirely new razor.
The geometry did not change from the first lupo DLC ss.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Top Bottom