What's new

Its official...a legend from the deep awakens...fear the NHL Seattle Kraken!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
proxy.php
A legend from the deep awakens...meet your Seattle Kraken (its official...'Release the Kraken')!

By Sean O'Leary - MSN Sports - 23 July 2020

"The NHL's 32nd franchise officially unveiled its name Thursday, opting for a reference to the mythological ocean beast.

The brand-new logo was revealed in an incredible video from the club's social media team.

1595526738284.png

"Seattle's a city with a deep maritime history," general manager Ron Francis said, per NHL.com's Nicholas Cotsonika. "I think this name embodies a connection with the sea and a curiosity of what lies beneath it. It's a natural tie to Seattle and the Pacific Northwest.

"In theory, it reflects the power and aggression in the game of hockey. We're hoping that's the kind of tenacity our players show every time they take the ice. So I'm excited by it."

Here's a look at the Kraken's inaugural uniform set (no third jersey yet), which features a unique double-blue theme with subtle hints of red to match the eye of the monster in the logo & anchor.

The Kraken will take the ice beginning in the 2021-22 season".

Works Cited: Seattle Kraken

proxy.php
"Emerald City hockey...miracle in the evergreens". CBJ

Last edited:
I am a huge hockey fan (logo in avatar). Seattle is my local team but I struggle changing the team(s) I support. The name, logo and colors they picked though definitely have me sold.

I really like what they have done with the reveal.

Meanwhile, the NFL team formerly known as the Redskins are now known at "The Washington Football Team". Is that really the best that they can come up with?

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Meanwhile, the NFL team formerly known as the Redskins are now known at "The Washington Football Team". Is that really the best that they can come up with?

That owner & organization have some serious issues right now......

Regarding the topic and the OP, Bravo for Seattle! Team name, logo and colors look good. As a bona fide southerner who never watched hockey in his life, I jumped on my home town Nashville Predators bangwagon when they got an expansion team 23 years ago and I'm here to tell you as someone who has attended numerous (and I mean numerous) live professional and college sporting events over the years, going to those live NHL games is a whole lotta raucous fun.....

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I heard a while back that they may keep that name. As a fan with a lot of old gear I'm okay with it.

No other name will fit for me than the original one.

I am a lifelong Maple Leaf fan but a relative of mine is a scout for the Kraken so I have to like them apparently. 🤬 I honestly hope they go out of the gates like LV did their first year.

Seattle deserves some good hockey.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am a lifelong Maple Leaf fan but a relative of mine is a scout for the Kraken so I have to like them apparently. 🤬 I honestly hope they go out of the gates like LV did their first year.

Seattle deserves some good hockey.
Let's even hope that someday they can even burn up couches and cars in celebration, like my friends in East Lansing Michigan do! Win or lose, something is going to burn up real good here!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Let's even hope that someday they can even burn up couches and cars in celebration, like my friends in East Lansing Michigan [born and raised in East Lansing w/ MSU as my alma mater]...do! ...
Dan:
It's a Spartan tradition to burn couches.
buring-couch-jpg.827405

proxy.php
"[Go Spartans because] Tomorrow is what we dream it can be". MSU Proverb

Last edited:
Top Bottom