What's new

PECKINSNIFF EDT

Has anyone else tries these cologne? Was lucky enough to find 2 bottles at TJMaxx last week and have really been enjoying them. They had one in a green box a while back but haven't been able to find it ever sense. Was wondering what the general opinion is of these EDT's.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I had one, I think called Professional and I liked it, to me it was a copy of Polo. It had good longevity and the wife liked it. Good value as I recall from TK Maxx in the UK, and nicely packaged. I would not buy again only because I have some Polo but sadly not a vintage bottle.

I'm not familiar with Pecksniff's green box variety, but I have both the "Active" EDT (yellow/black box), and the "Professional" EDT (orange/black box) and each has its merits.
The "Active" is described as a mandarin zest & cedarwood scent with the latter predominant to my nose. I imagine it's a scent designed for casual wear on leisure days or for sport.
The "Professional" is described as comprised of lemon, cedar, and amber notes and I imagine it's intended for office-wear.
An interesting scent, but it doesn't smell at all like original Polo to me...
Both are good, but not spectacular, with the edge going to Professional. They can be quite long-lasting.
By the way, I also have their shaving cream (tube) in the Professional scent. I don't know if any others are available in this form.

I'm not familiar with Pecksniff's green box variety, but I have both the "Active" EDT (yellow/black box), and the "Professional" EDT (orange/black box) and each has its merits.
The "Active" is described as a mandarin zest & cedarwood scent with the latter predominant to my nose. I imagine it's a scent designed for casual wear on leisure days or for sport.
The "Professional" is described as comprised of lemon, cedar, and amber notes and I imagine it's intended for office-wear.
An interesting scent, but it doesn't smell at all like original Polo to me...
Both are good, but not spectacular, with the edge going to Professional. They can be quite long-lasting.
By the way, I also have their shaving cream (tube) in the Professional scent. I don't know if any others are available in this form.

How is the performance of the cream? Had no idea they made a shave cream. Had a big bottle of their Pine liquid hand soap and really enjoyed it.

I had one, I think called Professional and I liked it, to me it was a copy of Polo. It had good longevity and the wife liked it. Good value as I recall from TK Maxx in the UK, and nicely packaged. I would not buy again only because I have some Polo but sadly not a vintage bottle.

Polo is a classic and I regret getting rid of a small bottle some time ago. It's not a everyday scent as it is a powerhouse, but for special occasions it fits the bill nice.

How is the performance of the cream? Had no idea they made a shave cream. Had a big bottle of their Pine liquid hand soap and really enjoyed it.

I think its intended to be used as a brushless shave cream, as its a low latherer, but quite slick. I use it as a super lather, paring it with Long Rifle Hawkeye shave soap, as the scents are similar.

I saw this thread the other day and grabbed a bottle of Professional while picking up a quick gift at Marshall’s today. At $5 for the 100ml bottle, I don’t feel too bad if it doesn’t work for me and someone will end up with it in a pif package.

I picked up a couple of tubes of the shave cream a while back at TKMaxx. On the packaging they claim to be used with a brush but I'll be blowed if I could get any of them to lather for love nor money. Shame as the scents are very nice.

On that note I also picked up the EDT of the Active, Professional and Charismatic varities. Straight out of the bottle the Charismatic is my favourite but sadly it really doesn't agree with my body chemistry as a short while after putting on it begins to smell like fly spray!

How is the performance of the cream? Had no idea they made a shave cream...
The shaving cream is a decent performer.
It states on the tube that it can be used with or without a brush.
It takes some effort to get a lather up with a brush, and it's not much of a lather to speak of, but it does the job and leaves a nice post-shave feel.
The (Professional) scent is similar to but not quite the same as the EDT, and much more muted obviously.
Some may not care for the EDT of Professional or Active. I'm ambivalent about them.
Certainly, they can become repellent if too much is applied.
Approach with caution...

Top Bottom