What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" December 7th - December 13th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas Season Day 14.

Blackland Blackbird Steel with Cella for a Marzipan shave.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Cella
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Steel (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (14)
Brush: Zenith Synthetic
AS: Cella
ASB: Captains Choice 45th Parallel

When whipped up right Cella is just as good as everything else. Just a nice smooth shave. Got two nicks, but that was OHS, not the fault of the equipment.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mystic Water ~ Orange Vanilla
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Astra Superior Platinum #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Dolce&Gabbana Pour Homme

6CBB4B58-41C2-4FF1-A639-CBEAD0FEC0BA.jpeg

SOTD SATURDAY MORNING, DECEMBER 12, 2020

This morning’s shave featured two of my favorite shave tools, the Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 and my Star DE which dates to the 1940s. It was developed by the American Safety Razor Corp. to compete with the highly successful Gillette Tech. This particular razor originated in a box of NOS found in a warehouse in Brooklyn, NY during a clean out where they’d been sitting for almost 70 yrs. The shave is a bit more aggressive than the Tech, and I have found that fitted with a Kai, which I shaved with today, or a Feather, delivers an exemplary noggin shave. There’s really not much more to say other than I retuned the DD Goldedge blade on my jasper stone last night. Stropping on pasted linen and then leather was just the ticket for today’s mug shave. Two ATG passes with the the Star DE on the dome and three (WTG, ATG, XTG) passes with the DD Goldedge for the mug left me refreshed, cool, clean and smoothly velveteen!

RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge 11/16 (Mug), Star DE (Dome)
BLADE: Kai DE
PREP: Cold water rinse followed by a scrub with Argan Oil
BRUSH: Viking Silvertip Badger
SOAP: Mitchell’s Wool Fat
POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with brush squeezings followed by Humphreys Lilac WH and Osage Rub.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom