What's new

Oud/Agarwood

I recently got a sample of an Oud shaving soap from a well-known Artisan soapmaker. She whipped up a batch to see if there was any interest. As 'Indigo Oud' , I found it almost addicting, but there's no more on hand (yet). I got some Oud/Agarwood oil and found that it, as many essential oils do, kills the lather when added to a bowl of soap being lathered.

I, instead added several drops to the near-empty bottle of my favorite mentholated Post Shave balm. It's awesome stuff, and has a lasting fragrance.

Stirling makes an 'Agar' fragrance shaving soap. I wonder how it compares to other Oud scents.

Indeed, AOS Oud shave cream is fabulous! One of their most exotic scents with traditional AOS shave cream lather and performance! I like to pair it with AOS' bourbon/amber cologne!!

art of shaving oud henckels bourbon amber june 7 2020.jpg

I added the large bottle of AOS Oud Suede to my collection (already had the 1oz). This is now my "Oud Club" so to speak.

oud.jpg

Halston Man Amber
Polo Supreme Oud
CO Bigelow Elixir Black
AOS Oud Suede

looking to add one more before I shut down my cologne purchasing for a while..

I have not shaved since I was a teen, but I do mix up my own perfumes. One is a bottle of Oudh essential oil, with a tiny drop of True deer musk oil added. The other is Orange flower absolute, with a tiny drop of True civet oil added. The tiny drop (what one can collect by dipping the head of a straight pin) of musk and civet brings the Oudh and Orange flower to another level, and causes the scent to linger all day.

I added the large bottle of AOS Oud Suede to my collection (already had the 1oz). This is now my "Oud Club" so to speak.

View attachment 1187700

Halston Man Amber
Polo Supreme Oud
CO Bigelow Elixir Black
AOS Oud Suede

looking to add one more before I shut down my cologne purchasing for a while..

My bottle of Supreme Oud just ran out. Currently using Stirling Intrepid Man as I bought it to 'replace' SO, but I'll be honest, I'll miss it. Great for cooler weather and a big compliment getter.

My bottle of Supreme Oud just ran out. Currently using Stirling Intrepid Man as I bought it to 'replace' SO, but I'll be honest, I'll miss it. Great for cooler weather and a big compliment getter.

Well, I know it's getting harder to find. I was really patient and eventually found a bottle on discount (~ $65) from Perfumes LA (I don't see it there now). The main discount sites like Fragrance dot net and FragranceX have not had it for some time. eBay prices are at gouge level.

I've heard Versace Oud Noir is in the same ballpark, but I've not tried it to verify. It's pretty affordable. Also, believe it or not, there's a "Classic Match" version of Supreme Oud out there as well.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Well, I know it's getting harder to find. I was really patient and eventually found a bottle on discount (~ $65) from Perfumes LA (I don't see it there now). The main discount sites like Fragrance dot net and FragranceX have not had it for some time. eBay prices are at gouge level.

I've heard Versace Oud Noir is in the same ballpark, but I've not tried it to verify. It's pretty affordable. Also, believe it or not, there's a "Classic Match" version of Supreme Oud out there as well.

The Belcam site has the Classic Match "versions" of various name brand scents.

This is the version of Polo Supreme Oud:

Classic Match Eau De Toilette Spray, Version Of Polo Supreme Oud*
ITEM #: F37720-15-OU
  • Regular price$9.30
No representation regarding how close the Classic Match is to the original but I use, and very much like, this scent.

YMMV

I haven't tried searching for it, so didn't realize the availability. It's a nice scent and I paid full retail for mine and feel it was worth it as a bottle lasted three years of frequent wear, but looking at bay prices, I wouldn't spend that kind of money. It's kinda Supreme, but not THAT Supreme lol

Fwiw, Intrepid Man is not a replacement for Supreme Oud, it simply took it's place as a primary cooler weather scent.

I'll check out the Classic Match. I was actually fairly impressed by their Polo Green. My dad got a bottle of Polo Green when I was born I kept over the years (1984, and my birthday is actually today) and the Classic Match actually did it SOME justice.

I have not shaved since I was a teen, but I do mix up my own perfumes. One is a bottle of Oudh essential oil, with a tiny drop of True deer musk oil added. The other is Orange flower absolute, with a tiny drop of True civet oil added. The tiny drop (what one can collect by dipping the head of a straight pin) of musk and civet brings the Oudh and Orange flower to another level, and causes the scent to linger all day.
Sounds amazing!

Any recommendations for a good soap where the scent is Oud forward?

Bar the following...

Extro Cosmesi - Egyptian Oudh
Razorock - Tuscan Oud/The Stallion
Stirling - Agar.

Top Bottom