What's new

shaving mugs/scuttle recommendations

Captains Choice is the perfect bowl for me. It's the right size for my hand, it's the perfect depth (Timeless is too deep), and the ridges whip up lather in seconds.

iu.jpg

I like this bowl from Fitjar

Attachments

• Fitjar-Islands-Shaving-Soap-Bowl-x-Rita-Lysebo-Egren-Anthracite-1.jpg
    Fitjar-Islands-Shaving-Soap-Bowl-x-Rita-Lysebo-Egren-Anthracite-1.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 13
so i decided to go for this and i just ordered it

reason why, i wanted a modern scuttle that will give me a warm lather,
its my first scuttle so didnt want to spend to much maybe i'll like it maybe i wont?
i think i will tbh but for the price point and what it does it seems like the right decision to make

only thing i dont like is the big qshave logo but hey i got the qshave razor set with the stand and leather sleeve etc so never know might look half decent lol

anyways i really appreciate all your help in explaining the difference and giving me advice etc etc,
i'll keep you updated as to how it goes thanks again saj :)

For a second I thought you uploaded a DIY ring photo instead of a bowl 😁.
This is a very good looking bowl from Norway.

Can anyone help me in looking for the e-mail address for The Georgetown Pottery to know their delivery charges and other details. The toll free number is also not working (for me).

I think it is a very reasonable $12.00 or so to ship one of their scuttles.

From their site: [email protected]

Direct link to their shave gear: Georgetown Pottery: Shaving - https://www.georgetownpottery.com/category/Shaving.html

I think it is a very reasonable $12.00 or so to ship one of their scuttles.

From their site: [email protected]

Direct link to their shave gear: Georgetown Pottery: Shaving - https://www.georgetownpottery.com/category/Shaving.html

As for scuttles, they are gorgeous and I'm tempted to over extend my holiday budget.
If it's upto $12 for 1 scuttle, it is very reasonable, but I needed to know exactly what will be the quote as I'm getting 2 scuttles and that will increase the weight of the package also, International delivery as well.

I've sent them email and I'm looking forward to hearing from them.

As for scuttles, they are gorgeous and I'm tempted to over extend my holiday budget.
If it's upto $12 for 1 scuttle, it is very reasonable, but I needed to know exactly what will be the quote as I'm getting 2 scuttles and that will increase the weight of the package also, International delivery as well.

I've sent them email and I'm looking forward to hearing from them.

If it helps give you more context, when we ship one lather bowl overseas it costs $24.00. That is our direct cost. You ought to expect shipping for two scuttles to cost about $34.00 or a bit more. The International shipping threshold is when it gets over two pounds it jumps from the $24.00 up to like $34.00 or so. They need to cover packaging, etc. as well so even $38.00 is reasonable.

should be getting the scuttle today but i dont have enough growth to have a head shave lol

If it helps give you more context, when we ship one lather bowl overseas it costs $24.00. That is our direct cost. You ought to expect shipping for two scuttles to cost about $34.00 or a bit more. The International shipping threshold is when it gets over two pounds it jumps from the $24.00 up to like $34.00 or so. They need to cover packaging, etc. as well so even $38.00 is reasonable.
I really appreciate you taking time in providing me with relative information. Above mentioned quotes are both reasonable and to be honest, are expected as well.
I hope to finalize the order before the holiday, then comes the January GRUME.
Thanks again for your response.

got the scuttle today looks good, was a bit put off by the qshave logo but the logo isnt that big so not too bad actually

i will keep you updated when i actually use and see how it actually goes...

IMG_20201210_173839__01_compress25.jpg
IMG_20201210_174046__01_compress26.jpg
IMG_20201210_174233__01_compress15.jpg
IMG_20201210_174233__01__01_compress7.jpg

Top Bottom