What's new

🐗 Decemboar. Yup. It’s a thing! 🐗

Decemboar shave #1 for me....

Omega 49, B&M Hallows, Rockwell 6S, Shaverboy blade (2) and Proraso White preshave cream. 👍

F5BE13CD-A59A-4731-B6EF-AF087A1C5DA4.jpeg

Decemboar shave 1
Attempt to 3017 a small sample of MDC agrumes shave 15th

Razor : FOCS ( could rename it auto-pilot)
Blade : Viking (3)
Brush : Omega 10083 Boar
Soap : MDC Agrumes
Cold rinse and Thayers witch Hazel
AS : RR Evil Eye Lime AS tonic

Im wondering why I'm waiting for 5 new brushes in the mail because I already enjoy each brush I have......enablers.

10/10
IMG_20201201_104912.jpg

I just brought out my boarzooka for the first shave of Decemboar. It's a Zenith 508A named Hogzilla (in honor of Joe Bob Briggs). It is the Bermuda Triangle of brushes but instead of ships and airplanes disappearing without a trace, soap disappears to never be seen again. It is the least used brush in my collection because I'd have to sell my house to finance the soap usage which would boarder on insanity. It isn't even close to being broken in.

Behold 31mm X 57mm of boarish glory

IMG_4443.jpg

IMG_4444.jpg

IMG_4446.JPG

I just brought out my boarzooka for the first shave of Decemboar. It's a Zenith 508A named Hogzilla (in honor of Joe Bob Briggs). It is the Bermuda Triangle of brushes but instead of ships and airplanes disappearing without a trace, soap disappears to never be seen again. It is the least used brush in my collection because I'd have to sell my house to finance the soap usage which would boarder on insanity. It isn't even close to being broken in.

Behold 31mm X 57mm of boarish glory
Joe Bob says "check it out" :)

Fact 1: I have never used a boar brush in my life.
Fact 2: Hogzilla may be the most glorious thing I've ever seen. I have never wanted a boar brush more in my life.

I've never used a boar brush, only synthetics and badgers. Do boar brushes consume a lot of soap?

Ignore my post about soap usage with Hogzilla. That particular brush is a mutant. I think my every day boar brushes use approximately the same amount as my similar sized synthetics or badger brushes. Maybe slightly more but nothing crazy.

I've never used a boar brush, only synthetics and badgers. Do boar brushes consume a lot of soap?
Ignore my post about soap usage with Hogzilla. That particular brush is a mutant. I think my every day boar brushes use approximately the same amount as my similar sized synthetics or badger brushes. Maybe slightly more but nothing crazy.
Agreed. They use a lot more during the break-in process, but well-used boar brushes use only a smidge more soap than an analogous badger brush.

Agreed. They use a lot more during the break-in process, but well-used boar brushes use only a smidge more soap than an analogous badger brush.
Something I'll have to keep in mind, I like the idea of using more soap. If it's enough it might widdle my supply down to one lifetimes worth!

Top Bottom