What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Motherlode synthetic w/ Stirling Vanilla Bean Espresso

Motherlode w Stirling VBE.jpg

Thanks. What are the other 2?
You're welcome...The other 2 are...

2.Karve Brass SB-D plate (just got it and it displaces the slant below)
3.Razorock G37 Slant (used to be in 2nd)
Yaqi DLC (used to be in 3rd)

I have the FOCS on the way and if it goes according to what most members here reported, it may displace the G37 Slant.

Happy Thanksgiving, Everyone. It was Turkish Thursday for this Turkey Day! The GameChanger .84 plate series was the whisker mower this morning.

Prep: Hot Shower and Bloom/Lather Building Water
Soap: Derby Shave Puck
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (5)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Shave Factory Turkish Boar
AS/EdC: Marmara Barber No 1

Just a great shave. The lather was creamy and slick, as it should be. Just wonderful.

Now, everyone eat a lot of Turkey and good stuff. Give thanks, and thank everyone here for always making my day a lot better.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

First Day of the Christmas Season, Everyone. I went with M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019 and the GameChanger .84 plate series.

Soap: M. A. Space Soap Christmas 2019
Razor: RazoRock GC .84 Series(Jaws, OC, and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Kai (6)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (No Idea)
Brush: The Alpha Outlaw Boar
AS: Brut Musk
EdT: Brut Musk

If you haven't tried M. A. Space Soap it is well worth the money. The owner is also working to help with the vaccine to the current crisis.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Christmas Season keeps going. I went with Cella. For me it is a Christmas scent, but for others it might not.

Soap: Cella
Razor: Blackland Blackbird Brass (OC and SB)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Razor
Blade: Nacet (1)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (1)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Cella
ASB: Captain's Choice 45th Parallel
EdC: Polo Supreme Oud

The lather was creamy and slick, as it should be. Just wonderful.

We all know what Cella smells like. It smells like my mother's baking at this time of year. I hope everyone's Holiday Season is going great.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

We all know what Cella smells like. It smells like my mother's baking at this time of year. I hope everyone's Holiday Season is going great.
I have the same Cella but I can barely smell the almond. I wanted it to smell like almond but just too faint for me. However, the thick creamy and slick lather is for sure a great performance!

I have the same Cella but I can barely smell the almond. I wanted it to smell like almond but just too faint for me. However, the thick creamy and slick lather is for sure a great performance!
Wow. I smell it just fine. Maybe we got different batches. I do keep mine cold because I know it doesn't have preservatives.

Christmas Season, Day 3. Spicy Sunday for the win. Old Spice is another fragrance that reminds me of Christmas.

Soap: Stirling Spice
Blade: Nacet (2)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (2)
Brush: Zenith Boar
AS: Old Spice (US)
ASB: Stirling Spice
EdC: Old Spice (US)

Just a rich and thick lather that is the signature of Stirling was in the bowl today. I couldn't get enough. I was actually contemplating a 4th and 5th pass.

I hope everyone is keeping an eye out for fat men in red and white suites.
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Christmas Season, Day 4.

Marzipan Shave Soap with Menthol Monday!

Soap: M. A. Space Soap Cow in Space
Blade: Nacet (3)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (3)
Brush: VdH Green Boar
AS: AAFES Brisk
ASB: Duke Cannon Ice Cold
EdC: Polo Supreme Leather

If you have never tried M. A. Space Soaps, I'd give it a whirl if you can get a hold of any. The owner, Mr. Robert Harding and his son make it in small batches in his house. His production has been down because he is working to help fight the CV-19 at his full time job. I think his company was one of the companies that helped make the current coming vaccines.

Anyway, his soaps are all great. Be warned, he likes menthol. He made one called Ice Planet that is great for the summer months.
[IMG]

[IMG]
[IMG]

Christmas Season, Day 5.

Full Tabac for Tabac Tuesday!

Soap: Tabac Original
Blade: Nacet (4)/Merkur Mustache and Eyebrow Blade (4)
Brush: VdH Black Boar
AS: Tabac Original
ASB: Tabac Original
EdC: Tabac Original

Kind of screwed up the lather for the first pass. Not enough soap, too much water. Remedied that quick, fast, and in a hurry. I'll just continue to overload like I usually do in the future.

Besides the first pass misstep, fantastic shave. I couldn't be happier. Of course how can you not be happy with Tabac?
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Top Bottom