What's new

Semogue 2020 TSN limited edition

proxy.php

proxy.php

My photos are from the prototype, exactly the same Semogues that colleague "Teiste" presented in the video. The Semogues are now on sale and will have a slightly smaller sticker and the engraving of the serial number on the base.

The handle is the ergonomic SOC handle made of beautiful shiny tortoise resin.
The boar bristle has been fitted with the great hair from the 2018 Shave Nook Limited Edition brush.

The dimensions are. 24mm knots,52mm loft, handle length 58mm.
The bristle is excellent soft and shows a nice firmness.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The silver tip badger really is the great, I have never seen such a comparable three-band tip before. But first to the dimensions;
24mm 3-band silvertip knot
50mm loft
SOC handle /tortoise resin 58mm

The brush has a high hair density with soft tips and very good backbone. A certain similarity exists with the 3/band silvertip hair from the white Semogue Foroafeitado 2019.

Of course I have the advantage that I have a prototype here and the tips are a dream, the backbone is nice and firm, mixed with a very good flow and good flexibility.

proxy.php

Here once after the shave, very nice to see that the beautiful strength of the hair remains afterwards.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Although I actually prefer two bands I have to make an exception in this case, the ratio of softness to firmness is perfectly given here and for a three-band a wonderful feeling in the face.

To the Semogue LE silver tip still a small comparison;

Because I have an ultra soft trim in my 3/band Rooney I could compare it very well with the new Semogue LE 3/band.

proxy.php

Both brushes have super soft silvertip hair with ingenious properties and actually I thought it couldn't get any softer, but here the Semogue is in front and is definitely softer with much greater overall strength. The whole hair feels velvety soft, which I only know from my Rooneys and from the Thäter, but here too I would prefer the Semogue.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

My photos are from the prototype, exactly the same Semogues that colleague "Teiste" presented in the video. The Semogues are now on sale and will have a slightly smaller sticker and the engraving of the serial number on the base.

The handle is the ergonomic SOC handle made of beautiful shiny tortoise resin.
The boar bristle has been fitted with the great hair from the 2018 Shave Nook Limited Edition brush.

The dimensions are. 24mm knots,52mm loft, handle length 58mm.
The bristle is excellent soft and shows a nice firmness.

proxy.php

proxy.php

The silver tip badger really is the great, I have never seen such a comparable three-band tip before. But first to the dimensions;
24mm 3-band silvertip knot
50mm loft
SOC handle /tortoise resin 58mm

The brush has a high hair density with soft tips and very good backbone. A certain similarity exists with the 3/band silvertip hair from the white Semogue Foroafeitado 2019.

Of course I have the advantage that I have a prototype here and the tips are a dream, the backbone is nice and firm, mixed with a very good flow and good flexibility.

proxy.php

Here once after the shave, very nice to see that the beautiful strength of the hair remains afterwards.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Although I actually prefer two bands I have to make an exception in this case, the ratio of softness to firmness is perfectly given here and for a three-band a wonderful feeling in the face.

LOVELY!! Enjoy! :punk: :punk:

To the Semogue LE silver tip still a small comparison;

Because I have an ultra soft trim in my 3/band Rooney I could compare it very well with the new Semogue LE 3/band.

Both brushes have super soft silvertip hair with ingenious properties and actually I thought it couldn't get any softer, but here the Semogue is in front and is definitely softer with much greater overall strength. The whole hair feels velvety soft, which I only know from my Rooneys and from the Thäter, but here too I would prefer the Semogue.

All else being equal and based on the photos I would completely agree. The Semogue (and Simpson) hybrid shape is exceptional for a face-lathering shave and Tortoise handle is lovely! Thank you again for the post.

received the boar last week and have used it 9 times (shave twice a day). I think it needs time to become a good brush for me, good backbone for sure, bit prickly (feels like a badger that has a few hairs upside down in the knot), doesn't release the soap easily (it stays inside the knot). Doesn't open up as much as most boars when dry. A month from now it might be a completely different brush. Mine is very very dark with only a faint tortoise color but that is ok.

Discovered why my brush feels prickly, there where some thick black hairs inside the knot. Best way to go about this is to cut them out I suppose?

Discovered why my brush feels prickly, there where some thick black hairs inside the knot. Best way to go about this is to cut them out I suppose?

if the black are undyed boar bristles and dont have the tips to break in, then i think you are right. I had to do that to another boar i had with a 3-4 thick bristles that i could definitely feel around the knot, once i snipped them it was good to go. I think they were just upside down.

Mine has a few as well. First time I see them in a Semogue but I’ve cut them out a few times on some Omega brushes I have. These definitely take a bit of using to break in. I just received mine in the mail but I also have the 2018 TSN version. It’s a great brush once broken in. Hair seems similar to the SOC but that brush broke in a lot faster.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
I know nothing about boar brushes but I would be very disappointed in that from an LE Semogue brush. I have 4 such brushes from 2011 onwards, in two band Finest, and the knots are perfect. I can accept flaws to some degree on their cheaper brushes but not on an LE. I hope quality control is not becoming an issue at Semogue.

I know nothing about boar brushes but I would be very disappointed in that from an LE Semogue brush. I have 4 such brushes from 2011 onwards, in two band Finest, and the knots are perfect. I can accept flaws to some degree on their cheaper brushes but not on an LE. I hope quality control is not becoming an issue at Semogue.

We just don't live in a perfect world, I'm sure every manufacturer produces a product once in a while that's not 100%. I can remove the black hairs, better then a knot or hairs that fall out or a knot that has a difference in length all of which I encountered in the past from well known brush makers.

Top Bottom