What's new

*Fatip Slant*

shave #5 or 6 with the FOCS.

Getting the hang of it! No nics or weepers this time.

Figured out that I was "riding the guard" a bit too extremely,
and was probably scraping the hair off vs cutting?
Lessened the angle today, and kept pressure light.
It increased blade feel, but that feedback was the ticket.
Also, the Israeli Red blade is probably mellowing, too.
MUCH better shave...

Me, too, Rave. I always have found Feathers smooth, but they burn me. That's a great way of describing it. The shave is fine. The post shave, not so much.

Happy shaves,

Jim
Indeed. There is a kind of "post shave burn" with Feather. I have noticed this, too, but I thought my mind was playing tricks.

4AC20B1B-D795-4B32-B53D-DAC3B15ECE30.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20201119_093343~2.jpg

:001_wub:
Razor: Fatip Lo Storto Originale (@GAW9576 Custom Butterscotch Handle)
Blade: Silver Star (2)
Brush: The Tech Hive Butterscotch Beehive (26mm Tuxedo)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Post-shave Care: Hyaluronic Acid
Aftershave: RazoRock The Dead Sea
Fragrance: Reserve by Original Penguin

Three passes + touch-up. No nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The FOCS Rocks! 🦊

Superb shave! :cool:

I continue to enjoy the posts about the FOCS while I wait to get one... I don't know when that will happen, but I know for sure that it will be a FOCS Piccolo Gold. Love that tiny hefty handle :)

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Another fan.

It's a very easy razor to like.

To me, open combs are generally great (which surprised me), but the FOCS is beyond that norm. Beyond the norm for slants, too, in my view, and I generally like slants as well.

Happy shaves,

Jim
The FOCS is the one of two razors I have tried, out of 50ish, that can shave me as close as I want, as comfortably as I want, with zero irritation.

Hello!
I'm more of a reader of the forums, in fact this will be my second post here. My 2 daily razors are(were) the Merkur 37C and the Mühle R41. I have bought a 🦊 because of this thread :) I imagined it would be as smooth and effortless as the 37C with the efficiency of the R41. :biggrin1:
I have only used it a couple of times yet, but I have noticed something strange. When I removed a Gillette Permasharp from the razor, I noticed a stain on the blade, not on the cutting edge, but below the top cap. I never had anything like this before, so I thought that blade was just a dud and binned it. I usually use a blade 3 times, and leave the razor (with the blade in it) to dry on a stand. For the next shave I loaded a feather. I had two shaves with it, so it was in the razor for ~5 days (I shave every other day). Today I decided to check the blade, and the feather also has a stain on it. It is where the edge of the top cap clamps the blade. I tried to rinse it and wipe it down, but I could not. What do you think it is? Can it be rust?

feather.jpg

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hello!
I'm more of a reader of the forums, in fact this will be my second post here. My 2 daily razors are(were) the Merkur 37C and the Mühle R41. I have bought a 🦊 because of this thread :) I imagined it would be as smooth and effortless as the 37C with the efficiency of the R41. :biggrin1:
I have only used it a couple of times yet, but I have noticed something strange. When I removed a Gillette Permasharp from the razor, I noticed a stain on the blade, not on the cutting edge, but below the top cap. I never had anything like this before, so I thought that blade was just a dud and binned it. I usually use a blade 3 times, and leave the razor (with the blade in it) to dry on a stand. For the next shave I loaded a feather. I had two shaves with it, so it was in the razor for ~5 days (I shave every other day). Today I decided to check the blade, and the feather also has a stain on it. It is where the edge of the top cap clamps the blade. I tried to rinse it and wipe it down, but I could not. What do you think it is? Can it be rust?

View attachment 1186926

Just a suggestion...

After shaving.
  1. Loosen the handle a bit.
  2. The blade will be loose, too, of course.
  3. Rinse with hot water.
  4. Tighten a bit.
  5. Towel dry (careful of the edges of the edges).
  6. Loosen handle again.
  7. Place where you keep it (in the open air).

Before shaving.
  1. Open the razor.
  2. Flip the blade.
  3. Tighten the razor.

Sorry for being so detailed. There are many other ways of doing much the same thing, but the above works for me. I use Polsilver SI and Wizamet SI and don't know about other blades.

Happy shaves,

Jim

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello!

View attachment 1186926
Similar to the @Chan Eil Whiskers process above, I disassemble my razor after each use (taking care to note blade orientation), rinse everything thoroughly, dry with my terry-cloth shaving towel, spray with Isopropynol (every 3 - 4 shaves), flip the blade and reassemble.

Hello!

View attachment 1186926
It's oxidation. It's nothing at all and perfectly safe to use. Even cartridge razors get oxidized after a use.

Reactions: Cal
Applied the FOCS to a 48-hour beard this morning. Today, Thursday, is not its usual day in the rotation, but it's a holiday! Loaded with a Personna Red blade, the FOCS sheared me off to near BBS without trouble and, together with the Proraso Green cream, left me feeling clean and vigorous.

'Tis a great razor.

Top Bottom