What's new

Prostate Health : Is Anyone Eating Dark Chocolate ?

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
I want to offer my apology to Atlantic59. I'm in a spot where fat and chocolate are good. My wife was diagnosed with MS about 23 years ago. A modified keto diet is helping very much.

I find eating some fat satiates hunger and helps avoid empty carbs.

Again. Sorry Atlantic59.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It would definitely ruin the taste!
Reminds me of my geriatric nursing days: proper insertion of suppositories is an art. Tylenol administration rectally was a doctor's order many nurses hated. But truly a great way to reduce temperature in a hurry.

I'll bet a nickel that dark chocolate would be good for constipation....?

Are those of you taking dark chocolate for prostate health, putting it in the same hole as those of us who like the taste?

what-sort-2.png

Last edited:

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I just came back from the Urologist. He said that my prostate is in good shape. I will be on another another medicine for my prostate

health. It looks like eating dark chocolate is good for a person’s prostate.

My grandfather died at 70 of colon cancer in 1948, my father of the same thing at 50 in 1956. I've outlived them both downing too much gin everyday, while avoiding dark chocolate and doctors. Does that mean gin is better than dark chocolate? I think not. Life is just a luck of the draw.

I’m almost two months in to having stopped my prostate medications and I’m starting to see normal functions return. Next week I hope to start the HMR Weight Loss program, which will preclude the consumption of dark chocolate. Hopefully, by losing weight I will see the rest of my function return.

Eating brocoli and drinking tomato juice helps for prostrate prevention.
Just google on it you are bound to get a list. For dark chocolate I only see the anti oxidant rich part working. The high magnesium content might work as a relaxant and work opposite but you will sleep deeper.

I’m almost two months in to having stopped my prostate medications and I’m starting to see normal functions return. Next week I hope to start the HMR Weight Loss program, which will preclude the consumption of dark chocolate. Hopefully, by losing weight I will see the rest of my function return.
It's interesting -- it's the cocoa powder that has the active ingredients that we might be interested it with regard to health. Cocoa powder is a fairly low-calorie food that is quite nutritious. Chocolate, OTOH, has a lot of extra calories because of the cocoa butter and sugar in it.

Cocoa powder is delicious mixed with other foods or drinks. Breakfast foods like oatmeal. Even savory foods such as chili (try it, check out recipes online). There are many uses for cocoa powder in cooking and baking.
1609425460433.png

It's interesting -- it's the cocoa powder that has the active ingredients that we might be interested it with regard to health. Cocoa powder is a fairly low-calorie food that is quite nutritious. Chocolate, OTOH, has a lot of extra calories because of the cocoa butter and sugar in it.

Cocoa powder is delicious mixed with other foods or drinks. Breakfast foods like oatmeal. Even savory foods such as chili (try it, check out recipes online). There are many uses for cocoa powder in cooking and baking.
View attachment 1202291
The HMR program does not allow you to eat anything that did not come from them. I don’t know about the drinks yet, but I’m betting it’s water only, no coffee, no tea, no cocoa.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Eating brocoli and drinking tomato juice helps for prostrate prevention.
Just google on it you are bound to get a list. For dark chocolate I only see the anti oxidant rich part working. The high magnesium content might work as a relaxant and work opposite but you will sleep deeper.

I ate broccoli and tomatoes all my life. I see nothing there. High magnesium may be good advice.

My report in #68 from the Urologist, Dr. Kuhn, says ‘yes’ to dark chocolate, 70 per cent cocoa.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.

I do not have cocoa powder right now. I am using the rest of my cocoa bars by ‘Lindt’.

I always liked chocolate but I still ended up getting diagnosed with prostate cancer at age 48.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
It looks like the dark Chocolate helped me. The Urologist said that my numbers are better. And I am now on a new medicine for prostate problems.

As others have said, moderation is key. While I'm not sure of the effects of dark chocolate on the prostate, I do know that chocolate is a high oxalate food which can contribute to kidney stones. Ask me how I know.

Top Bottom