What's new

"Wayback when" photo stuff!!

love it! great cabinetry! looks still pristine!

The university built a new hospital and auctioned off everything from the old one before tearing it down.

Got these incredible well built cabinets and several more which makes up my print drying and mounting area (outside of the darkroom).

Little further on is my reloading benches (same style cabinets).

Was a very good day for hospital/lab cabinets. I had to make 8 trips to get them all back here.

I belonged to the Photography Club in high school. It was mostly black and white photos but it sure was fun to enlarge and fix them.

I remember going to boxing matches and seeing press photographers using huge Graflex cameras.

I belonged to the Photography Club in high school. It was mostly black and white photos but it sure was fun to enlarge and fix them.

I remember going to boxing matches and seeing press photographers using huge Graflex cameras.
I bet the young pups today wouldn’t know what a Graflex was.

I bet the young pups today wouldn’t know what a Graflex was.

Here is an example so they can see.

1605484960846.png

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Still have my darkroom but sold off the enlarger a while back. Really wishing I still had it but wife is sensitive to chemicals so probably best not to start down that road again.

Been using film a lot more recently though and will be sending color film off for developing and scanning.

My 2 favorite cameras, Leica llla from 1938 with a Summarit 2.0 and my Pentax SL (basically a Spotmatic with no meter) and the Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 with thorium glass (just a tad radioactive). All my older film stuff was sold off years ago. Also have a Fuji GS645 Wide

IMG_4877.JPG
IMG_5032.JPG

Still have my darkroom but sold off the enlarger a while back. Really wishing I still had it but wife is sensitive to chemicals so probably best not to start down that road again.

Been using film a lot more recently though and will be sending color film off for developing and scanning.

My 2 favorite cameras, Leica llla from 1938 with a Summarit 2.0 and my Pentax SL (basically a Spotmatic with no meter) and the Super Takumar 50mm 1.4 with thorium glass (just a tad radioactive). All my older film stuff was sold off years ago. Also have a Fuji GS645 Wide

View attachment 1184897View attachment 1184898
Nice cameras!

Still developing b&w film at home these days. Took a few year hiatus but started back up again earlier this year.
I don’t have a darkroom to make prints but I wish I did.
I only have the one camera now, a Leica M4-P

Here’s a picture I took with my boys the other day when they wanted to show all our cameras to mama while she was at work.
47E671C8-29FC-4AE9-B58B-DCE43D9EDC32.jpeg

Brings back a rush of Golden Memories! Retired after 40 years as a lithographic color cameraman and scanner operator. Started career with glass plates and finished with a completely networked multi scanner Scitex department. Mixed a lot of photo chemicals from Kodak formulas and finished with several 32 inch automatic film processors. Many years working on a11x14 enlarger and 48 inch vacuum back process camera. I have often wondered what happened to that old equipment. Photography certainly gave me a fulfilling career.

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
Oh, in addition to my home darkroom adventures I spent 38 years as an industrial radiographer so spent many, many hours in a darkroom working with film. Spent the beginning of this week getting my old darkroom cleaned out as it has been a storage room for way too many years. getting excited to develop film again but unlikely to print and will likely scan instead.

Oh, in addition to my home darkroom adventures I spent 38 years as an industrial radiographer so spent many, many hours in a darkroom working with film. Spent the beginning of this week getting my old darkroom cleaned out as it has been a storage room for way too many years. getting excited to develop film again but unlikely to print and will likely scan instead.

you'd like this!
i still have, and on rare occasion use, an old 24" seal heat press!
weighs a ton, sits solidly on a countertop in 'former' darkroom.
the handle does double duty as a convenient anchor for your nice Heirloom strop!

IMG_7312.JPG

Tony Miller

Speaking of horse butts…
The best of the new and old photography world. Probably a 35 or 120mm camera and the ease of digital photo manipulation.

Agree, it is the best of both. You can scan and not post process the image, or you can then go full digital and make it something different. (I am an old school, product of the camera guy when it comes to film).

For 35mm it is the Leica llla and Pentax SL pictured above, for 120 I use a Fuji GS645W and a Fuji GSW690 the "Texas Leica" :)

Legion

Staff member

View attachment 1184897
Hey, snap.

FCEA0CBA-04C9-4915-9F27-365493341928.jpeg

For 35mm it is the Leica llla and Pentax SL pictured above, for 120 I use a Fuji GS645W and a Fuji GSW690 the "Texas Leica" :)

Leica and Pentax are like magic words. I think if they made an aftershave with an acetic acid and hypo scent I would have to buy it just for the memories.

Top Bottom