What's new

Glittering goodness - opinions sought

Below are four pictures of the same brush to show the variability of the resin we have chosen. We expect these new brushes to be available in a week or so. Presently they have synthetic knots and will retail for around $65.00 we think. (Final costs still being determined.) Already it is becoming clear that we need to plan ahead and get another order on the way.

Here is the question: With a Silvertip Badger knot and a price point of around $95.00 would you purchase?

IMG_3843.jpeg
IMG_3842.jpeg
IMG_3844.jpeg
IMG_3841.jpeg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
In my opinion, the more opalescent appearance is preferred for the handle.

It would be nice to have a choice of knots - synthetic or badger.

I will purchase one or the other. Not sure I will do both.

I like the looks of the brushes. Just to clarify, and to reveal my ignorance, when you say four photos of the varying resin, are you referring to the finish, if you will, meaning the coloring of the handle? If so, I like the first photo. Also, will you be offering these in varying knot sizes, or just the one?

Regarding the badger price point, I think I would be inclined to go for the synthetic. Edit: I would like to qualify my original response of 'no' to the badger offering, to say that if you offered a larger knot size I might be interested in a badger.

Very best of luck with the new product line and it looks like a very high quality brush and handle combination!

I like the looks of the brushes. Just to clarify, and to reveal my ignorance, when you say four photos of the varying resin, are you referring to the finish, if you will, meaning the coloring of the handle? If so, I like the first photo. Also, will you be offering these in varying knot sizes, or just the one?

Regarding the badger price point, I think I would be inclined to go for the synthetic. Edit: I would like to qualify my original response of 'no' to the badger offering, to say that if you offered a larger knot size I might be interested in a badger.

I was not clear on the pictures. The four pictures are of the same handle. All I did was turn it 1/4 turn for each picture so you can better visualize what the whole thing looked like.

For now, just the 24mm size - that seems to be a popular size in the market. At a personal level that is my preferred size as well. As with anything we keep our eyes and ears open. That is where we get ideas, listening to customers.

Our copper lather bowls are very popular and they only exist for one reason: On occasion, a customer would write to ask if we had ever considered making an unbreakable lather bowl. I heard that enough that I decided to see what we could do. Even though we already had the popular ceramic bowl it still took six months of prototypes to get the copper lather bowl to be just what we wanted it to be. That was no sooner released than customers asked for a heavier one. That explains why we have two copper bowls that both move nicely for us. So listen to the customer, listen, listen...

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I would love one but the killer for me is the exchange rate. At the current exchange rate $95 US is around $135 AU plus the cost of postage on top of that. If I lived in the US I would really consider buying one as I like them. As for knots, synthetic would be fine as I am not sure that you can send Badger from the USA to Australia these days. But all things aside they are another fantastic product in your already fantastic line. Keep up the good work as you are always trying to keep shaving interesting for us.

For now, just the 24mm size - that seems to be a popular size in the market. At a personal level that is my preferred size as well. As with anything we keep our eyes and ears open. That is where we get ideas, listening to customers.
Thank you for clarifying. Actually, my eyes must be deceiving me because 24mm is indeed the size that would be of interest to me.

I would have to say no, not for a resin handle with a synthetic knot. I also have to say that I am currently trying to curb my spending spree on shaving supplies(over a year and counting).

Also something to mention for me is I currently own 3 brushes, a regular badger that I don't like or use(I was using to test lather soaps at one time), an Omega Badger Silvertip that is a resin handle handle 22mm knot that is my main brush and paid around $50 for 5 years ago. And a synthetic 24mm blue handled brush that I paid less than $15 for and I like it for the softness and the backbone(love it for hard soaps) but think it is kind of a lather hog though. Brushes are just something I just don't collect and for me to pay $90+ for one it would be a custom wood handled brush(but they are $150+ which is why I don't have one yet).

I really do like the shape of it and really like the colors of it. Looks like by the responses you will sell a few.

Good luck!

Top Bottom