What's new

Feather Popular Razor

It was a very nice shave this morning.
Feather Popular loaded with a Feather blade (2nd use).
DFS with no irritation, no nicks and no cuts :)
This one must be my most underrated razor.

I finally cut 1” off the handle so it is now about the same length as my Slim. Ahh, better now. I put the razor in my vise with soft jaw inserts, then used a hacksaw. I then put the cut off segment in the vice and used a hammer and ice pick to knock out the metal end piece. I was surprised it was 3/8” long. After smoothing the cut end I hammered the metal piece into the end of the shortened handle. It worked out, but I should have reamed out the inside of the handle a little so I didn’t have to hit the end piece 20 times (and risk splitting the handle). I think the balance is still very good - that metal piece weighs a lot more than the plastic I cut off.

I finally cut 1” off the handle so it is now about the same length as my Slim. Ahh, better now. I put the razor in my vise with soft jaw inserts, then used a hacksaw. I then put the cut off segment in the vice and used a hammer and ice pick to knock out the metal end piece. I was surprised it was 3/8” long. After smoothing the cut end I hammered the metal piece into the end of the shortened handle. It worked out, but I should have reamed out the inside of the handle a little so I didn’t have to hit the end piece 20 times (and risk splitting the handle). I think the balance is still very good - that metal piece weighs a lot more than the plastic I cut off.

Can you share some pics ?

D2F5B2BA-BECA-4F60-B2BB-4E447E2773BB.jpeg

Here are my Slim, cut down Feather Popular and Fat Handle Tech. They all like sharp blades, like Feathers and Kais.

I wanted to like it but, so far, not favorable. Definitely going to come back to it in future but I just like short handles and more weight to a head, I guess

I personally like it. Affordable, butterfly opening and it tones down sharp blades just so that you can obtain a smooth, blood-free shave.

You can cut the handle as short as you want. The handle is hollow so you can stuff it with lead or tungsten putty I suppose. Or you could buy a Slim and have the weight and 9 settings to boot. They cost more than a Feather, though.

Rosseforp

I think this fits, Gents
The only reason I gave my Popular away was because the handle was too long, great idea! I think I will order another one and try that myself :thumbsup:

I went back to my old Popular tonight.
Loaded with a Lord Silverstar 2'nd use I had a great shave.
Once again DFS with no nicks or irritation.

Tempted to get this due to the long handle and I actually think it looks nice with the black handle too

From what I've read and seen it seems more like a mild razor, what blades would you lot say works best with the feather popular de razor?

I have only tried two, but they both worked very well. Wilkinson (Germany) and Dorco ST301. Both were very mild and smooth. I can get 7 shaves with the Dorco and 8 or 9 with the Wilkinson.

Reactions: saj
Tempted to get this due to the long handle and I actually think it looks nice with the black handle too

From what I've read and seen it seems more like a mild razor, what blades would you lot say works best with the feather popular de razor?
feather blades were engineered for this razor. you will be missing out on experience using other blades

Feather, Kai and whatever you think is the sharpest blade in existence. Gillette Silver Blues and Platinums are great in most razors but not best in this mild razor (not quite bbs on my neck). Personna blues are not super sharp but work well here. My travel tech and Fat handle tech provide a slightly closer yet comfortable shave, but they don’t have the cool barn doors.

Top Bottom