What's new

New Daily Driver suggestions

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Rex Envoy
image.jpg

Razorock Lupo
I've been using mine a lot lately. Great razor, underrated.
I get the best results from my Lupo: easy irritation-free close daily shaves. I have one gripe; I don't love the feel. I have only used feathers so perhaps it is the blade or perhaps I don't like the aluminum (cant wait for the ss). Right now the Lupo is my best daily shaver, but I am still experimenting.

I have one gripe; I don't love the feel. I have only used feathers so perhaps it is the blade or perhaps I don't like the aluminum (cant wait for the ss).

I've used a lot of different blades. It's blade feel caused by the unusual presentation of the blade in relation to the shave plane. It's toward the perpendicular, so it's always slightly steeper than you think. Coupled with what feels like fairly healthy blade exposure I thinks that's the main cause of the feel. The light weight may also be a contributing factor. I didn't enjoy it much at first. Now that I've learned how to use it I really like it.

I currently use a Merkur 34c as my daily driver. I enjoy a mild razor but with a sharp blade. Can anyone suggest a new razor similar to the Merkur 34c? I'm not too worried about the cost. I have been looking at the Rex Envoy.

I already own the following;
Gillette Heritage
Fatip Grande
Fatip Piccolo
Edwin Jagger DE89
Muhle R89
Merkur 37C
Muhle R41
Fine Marvel
I earlier mention FOCS which is modern. The equivalent vintage that matches the FOCS smoothness and efficiency is the vintage Gillette New RFB LC.

Last edited:
I think the Merkur Progress would make a great daily driver. I just got mine yesterday and it's just wonderful. Like you, I've been using my 34C for a pretty long time and absolutely love it. But the Progress definitely shaves better. Just form using it it once, I can tell.

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I've used a lot of different blades. It's blade feel caused by the unusual presentation of the blade in relation to the shave plane. It's toward the perpendicular, so it's always slightly steeper than you think. Coupled with what feels like fairly healthy blade exposure I thinks that's the main cause of the feel. The light weight may also be a contributing factor. I didn't enjoy it much at first. Now that I've learned how to use it I really like it.
I love my lupo. Possibly gives me the best face finish, close with zero irritation. During the shave it feels more than a bit different to any other razor I own or have used.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom