What's new

Couple of first shaves with Alpha Outlaw

I bought this razor from a member of a shave forum.
Fit and finish is a first class. I have a couple of high end razors and this razor is on the same level and even a little better.
Now for the shave. I have a very coarse,grey facial hair that grows in different directions. Generally I prefer an aggressive/effective razors for example a Blackbird, an iKon Tech and Timeless Bronze 0.78. This razor amazed me. Very very smooth. You almost didn't feel the blade. The razor is very loud and incredibly effective. For me it matches the Blackbird efficiency. Tried with different blades with the same perfect BBS. Very impressed.
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 20.09.44 .png
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 20.10.27 .png
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 20.10.41 .png
Screen Shot 2020-10-04 at 20.10.27 .png

I have two handles and a brush from Alpha. They are all fantastic quality. I am glad to hear the razor is great as well! Your review has made me very interested in this razor. Nice work!

I have two handles and a brush from Alpha. They are all fantastic quality. I am glad to hear the razor is great as well! Your review has made me very interested in this razor. Nice work!

Thanks. It amazed me too. One of the best. And I have a very good collection of high end and vintage razors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this razor from a member of a shave forum.
Fit and finish is a first class. I have a couple of high end razors and this razor is on the same level and even a little better.
Now for the shave. I have a very coarse,grey facial hair that grows in different directions. Generally I prefer an aggressive/effective razors for example a Blackbird, an iKon Tech and Timeless Bronze 0.78. This razor amazed me. Very very smooth. You almost didn't feel the blade. The razor is very loud and incredibly effective. For me it matches the Blackbird efficiency. Tried with different blades with the same perfect BBS. Very impressed.View attachment 1173491View attachment 1173492View attachment 1173493
How long does the shave last before stubble returns? The length of shave is one of the things I like best about the Blackbird.
I’m also considering getting either an Outlaw, Ikon Tech or a Nodachi, how do you feel they compare?

Reactions: AQU
How long does the shave last before stubble returns? The length of shave is one of the things I like best about the Blackbird.
I’m also considering getting either an Outlaw, Ikon Tech or a Nodachi, how do you feel they compare?

Tech is very aggressive and rough. Not an everyday razor. Nodashi is a wonderful razor. Intuitive and effective. Outlaw is super effective and very very smooth. It's in Blackbird territory of efficiency.
I hope I was informative enough.

Tech is very aggressive and rough. Not an everyday razor. Nodashi is a wonderful razor. Intuitive and effective. Outlaw is super effective and very very smooth. It's in Blackbird territory of efficiency.
I hope I was informative enough.

Thanks, that's good to know about the tech as I'd want a razor that could be used daily so I'll drop that from the list. The Blackbird is by far my best performing razor but I'm also looking for something as efficient for variety.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I've seen this razor before, have looked at it, and even given it a bit of thought, but somehow the geometry and style of its head looked too "boring" and too "regular" for me, reminding many other (and cheaper) razors. I just didn't see anything special or interesting about it that would make me want to try it. But without using it, you can never know.

I've seen this razor before, have looked at it, and even given it a bit of thought, but somehow the geometry and style of its head looked too "boring" and too "regular" for me, reminding many other (and cheaper) razors. I just didn't see anything special or interesting about it that would make me want to try it. But without using it, you can never know.

The look can be deceiving. In flesh it looks amazing. The finish is gorgeous. And it shaves unbelievably smooth and efficient.
I have a lot of razors to compare.

I used one in a passaround and I weighed the handle out at 77grams.
I'm having a hard time finding what the head weighed in at, if I can pull it up I'll come back to this to post it.
I just checked a review that list it at 108 grams. That is five grams less than my Rockwell 6s. I prefer a heavier razor so I consider 108 grams a positive. It looks like you have an excellent razor there.

I keep coming back to look at this razor. I really like this razor. I have razor envy for sure. I feel the beginning twangs of RAD stirring. I must be strong!

The postman has just delivered one of these from Executive Shaving. I've got two days worth of stubble to test it with tonight.
How will it fare against the Blackbird? I'll be sure to report back...

Top Bottom