What's new

My Guess... 3017

20201019_221032.jpg

So this is my next soap adventure. Razorock blue fougere just smells like the upcoming holidays to me and my first full dive into a RR product. It started new and has 4 shaves on it now. The shaves have been better than I expected especially after I read the ingredient list.

This "300 g" mini puck weighed in at 263 g. I'm guessing that's water loss from sitting in the closet. It's still very much a crop and has a strong scent so nothing lacking so far. I know RR has a few formulas they work though so added the label for anyone interested.

20201023_094430.jpg

I also have the corresponding AS but may have an issue with it. I've only used it once so far since my first attempt gave me a sinuse headache all day. It'd be the first time my shave kit has affected me this way so I'm still a little skeptical that it was the cause. And I love the scent... so definitely worth trying a few more times to figure out.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I looked REALLY hard at picking up this when it came out a few years ago, @Bugin. Can you describe the scent, or is it simply a nice light fern?

I've been working my way through a partially used container of a local soapmaker's stuff. I don't think they're making shaving soap anymore so won't bother mentioning the name. It's got a nice grapefruit/neroli scent, a good ingredient list and it's giving great shaves. A couple weeks ago, the metal tin it was in started getting a couple rusty spots on it so I pulled the soap out and smashed it into a shave stick container. It's working even better that way. Probably less than a week left on it.

:eek2: That would be mmm...12 yrs at bare minimum if i used another soap every other day...im working on 1kg cella atm every second day my proraso boar is eating up some in a tub...i sliced it into roughly 100g slices...but im also maybe going to pif 10 slices at some stage lol

Had my last shave of Palmolive today. Thoroughly enjoyed that tube of cream and would recommend to anyone. Very easy and very slick!

My wife bought me three Proraso tubes for my birthday a month ago (red, white and green) - I gave them all a practice whirl when I got them (it's only right!) and have decided on the Proraso red as my next project.

IMG_20201024_190405_353.jpg

Had my last shave of Palmolive today. Thoroughly enjoyed that tube of cream and would recommend to anyone. Very easy and very slick!

My wife bought me three Proraso tubes for my birthday a month ago (red, white and green) - I gave them all a practice whirl when I got them (it's only right!) and have decided on the Proraso red as my next project.

View attachment 1173116

Some good shaves ahead of you.

View attachment 1172513

So this is my next soap adventure. Razorock blue fougere just smells like the upcoming holidays to me and my first full dive into a RR product. It started new and has 4 shaves on it now. The shaves have been better than I expected especially after I read the ingredient list.

This "300 g" mini puck weighed in at 263 g. I'm guessing that's water loss from sitting in the closet. It's still very much a crop and has a strong scent so nothing lacking so far. I know RR has a few formulas they work though so added the label for anyone interested.

View attachment 1172520

I also have the corresponding AS but may have an issue with it. I've only used it once so far since my first attempt gave me a sinuse headache all day. It'd be the first time my shave kit has affected me this way so I'm still a little skeptical that it was the cause. And I love the scent... so definitely worth trying a few more times to figure out.

Blue fougere is next in the queue for me. Unfortunately I wasn’t lucky enough to the splash as well. I 3017’d a jar of SMDF and was actually quite surprised at how good it was. So when I saw that mini brick for cheap I jumped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@rockviper,

The Blue fougere is different from other fougeres I've tried granted my experience is slim. I'm not sure how to describe it but there's a sweetness to it. Enough so that you could probably trick someone into thinking it's cookie dough. While I enjoy the scent through a shave I've since used the aftershave and think the sweet lingering scent isn't for me.

@Gott543 if you want the splash you can have it.

Here's the Cella in her new home after today's shave. Though I have transplanted her to a new home, I have not been unfaithful since beginning on 3017'ing her back on September 22 or 23. While it may look airy, I am fully able to adjust the texture when applied to my face, as there is a decent amount of soap in the brush as well. For some reason it is more pleasing to me in the mug.
IMG_1734.jpg

Last edited:
Last pieces of the ring of Trumper Rose left in the bowl are in their way out. This soap will be gone this week.

It got too fiddly this morning trying to load the brush, so I’m calling it. I don’t salvage fragments into dishes of clown puke, so out they went

Up next, Bob?

Bebelush Bay Rum. My desire to disappear it from my stash outweighs my desire to use the TOBS St James. Back to the Chubby 2 Synthetic next week, so I’m hoping it’s finished by the New Year (it’s not a hard soap by any means).

I can’t remember if I expressed it at the end of my puck, but this is one I wish I had another.

I am going to miss this Trumper Rose soap, but truth be told, the creams are better and have stronger scents, so I will just get those going forward. I still have one last Trumper puck in Violet, and will use it in the Spring/Summer as it’s a wonderful warm weather scent.

Top Bottom