What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Daily Shave: 25 October 2020
DSCF2302.JPG

Prep:
Dial Liquid Soap face wash
Razor:
WCS 84S
Soap:
Viking ‘uber’ lather using rain water
Brush:
Omega 11126
Blade:
Gillette Nacet / Blade #4 / Shave #4 and out
Passes:
2 (WTG & ATG)
Witch Hazel wipe down / Pinaud Clubman A/S / Viking Shave balm
Rating:
8.5 CCS An acceptable shave with a dulling blade that tugged a lot during the 2 passes. Lots of stubble, one nick, but no weepers. On to blade #5 tomorrow.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8.5/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Barrister and Mann Reserve Waves
Brush: Maggards synthetic
Razor: Timeless SS SB .68 w/scalloped head and base
Blade: Kai SS (2)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - Thayers Witch Hazel - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Barrister and Mann Seville

Very nice shave with the Timeless loaded with a Kai SS this morning. Unfortunately the damage from yesterday's shave was opened up here and there, but it stopped leaking quickly...half a point off for the leaks.

Happy Shaves, Everyone!

Kit 20201025.jpg

Sunday Shave.jpg

Soap
AoS Sandalwood, Tallow Formula
Brush
Frank Shaving Syn.
Razor
Wolfman WR2 SB 1.05
Blade
Personna Medical Prep Blade
Aftershave
Thayers Rose Petal WH & Neutrogena Triple Protect
Fragrance
Versace The Dreamer
Rating
A fresh new blade in the razor. A classic, great soap that is no longer
sold. The result: a perfect 10 shave.

proxy.php

After some time thinking about it, I decided to make the expensive decision to purchase the Feather ASD2. Since starting my DE experience, I've felt that this was the ultimate SS razor to try, and that it fell in with the kind of razors I have found enjoyable to use, namely those that are milder, with not much blade feel but efficient. I do however like the occasional foray into R41 territory.

My first impression of the ASD2 was that this is the best fit and finish I've encountered on a DE razor. It's better than the Rockwells 6S and Model T, and clearly superior to the Merkurs, Muhles and Gillettes I own. They of course cost a great deal less and are still great razors.

Saving a review for later, I found my first shave to be very good.

I made a deliberate attempt to use the recommended steeper shave angle where possible and was able to achieve a BBS - shave after three passes, with some neck touch ups. It was not quite as mild as I was expecting, with a used Feather blade. It was naturally very comfortable, especially on the neck and all around my mouth and top lip.

I never once felt that I'd cut myself or over-shave with it. Yet I was on occasions still aware that there was a Feather blade in there. I also noticed how well it could be cleaned out after several strokes.

Overall, I very much enjoyed using it and will continue to enjoy trying it, next time with a brand new Feather.

Razor: Karve SS with D SB plate
Blade: Nacet
Brush: Chisel & Hound handle with a Turn N Shave 26mm 2 band badger
Soap: Wholly Kaw Vor V
AS: Wholly Kaw Vor V
Score: 9.5/10

This was my first shave using the D plate SB. Touch more blade feel then the C but incredibly smooth. Overall really enjoying this razor and getting BBS shaves with max comfort for me. The scent on this soap and AS are intoxicating. This will be in my top 3 scents for WK.

IMG_2275.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Sunday Schick Shave, OCtober 25th,2020

Razor: Stick Schick injector theme L series- Mfg 1973, I enjoy the theme L series. Can bring back memory's of better times.
Blade: Personna SS PTFE injector (1), Very sharp and will smooth out over time and predictable very cost effective also.
Soap: Nivea sensitive cream- good lather qualities. I like to use when I have remnants of other soaps in the lathering bowl.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow 26 mm brown synthetic whiskers, a Very nice lather creator with those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand cleanser bar + a dollop of clear Aloe vera gel on my cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups. WTG + ATG + pickups.
Post shave: Nivea refreshing aftershave + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 8.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = :a17: great shave with my Stick Schick L theme series injector.

Sunday Schick shave, Oct 25th 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
proxy.php

After some time thinking about it, I decided to make the expensive decision to purchase the Feather ASD2. Since starting my DE experience, I've felt that this was the ultimate SS razor to try, and that it fell in with the kind of razors I have found enjoyable to use, namely those that are milder, with not much blade feel but efficient. I do however like the occasional foray into R41 territory.

My first impression of the ASD2 was that this is the best fit and finish I've encountered on a DE razor. It's better than the Rockwells 6S and Model T, and clearly superior to the Merkurs, Muhles and Gillettes I own. They of course cost a great deal less and are still great razors.

I made a deliberate attempt to use the recommended steeper shave angle where possible and was able to achieve a BBS - shave after three passes, with some neck touch ups. It was not quite as mild as I was expecting, with a used Feather blade. It was naturally very comfortable, especially on the neck and all around my mouth and top lip.

I never once felt that I'd cut myself or over-shave with it. Yet I was on occasions still aware that there was a Feather blade in there. I also noticed how well it could be cleaned out after several strokes.

Overall, I very much enjoyed using it and will continue to enjoy trying it, next time with a brand new Feather.
If you want a little more blade feel try a KAI SS because they are wider than a standard blade, .009" wider, sharp & smooth also.
I find them a excellent blade with great longevity also. Food for thought expression.

Soap: Cella
Razor: Gillette NEW LC
Blade: 7 O'clock SS (4?)
Brush: Omega boar
Aftershave: Pinaud VIBR
Balm: Nivea sensitive

Didn't shave yesterday, so it was nice to knock down the budding beard. I grow facial hair quickly. Good shave, but nicked myself on the first pass like a dope!
Really took my time with this one. The more I use Cella the more I adore it.

8/10

Prep; hot shower
Pre-shave; Art of Shaving Oil
Soap; Barrister & Mann Terror
Brush; Chubby 2 Super
Blade; Polsilver Super Iridium (5th shave)
Edwin Jagger; 3one6 with knurled handle
Post Shave; Alum block then Black Jack Cooling Gel
Last; Art of Shaving Saddle-wood after shave balm

Rating. 9 - 10

Pre Shave: Warm Shower, Glycerin Soap face wash
Razor: Brass Karve SB B plate
Blade: Personna Platinum Chrome
Brush: Zenith Manchurian 506A
Soap: B&M Reserve Classic
Post Shave: Cold Water Rinse, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm, Proraso Red AS
Rating: 9.8/10 Excellent two pass BBS Shave. No weepers, irritation or cuts.

I guess things do change with time. A while back I tried a friends B plate for the Karve and had nothing but problems with weepers. I bought the Brass Karve SB with the A plate and finally got it dialed in to receive excellent shaves. Out of curiosity, I asked to try the B plate again, and for the last 5-6 shaves have had excellent results. Maybe it's the blades? Was using GSB's or Gillette Platinums and now have been using Personna's. Whatever the change I am happy with the results.

proxy.php

I bought the EJ 3one6 am getting great shaves using a Polsilver , once I am really confident in my shaving technique I am planning on trying my Feather & Kia blades.
Enjoy your AS-D2 I hear it is a great razor!

PSX_20201024_155524.jpg

Razor: Schick C1 Magazine Repeating Razor
Blade: Personna Injector
Brush: Simpson's Duke 3 Sapphire Special Edition in synthetic
Pre-Shave: Proraso White
Lather: Art of Shaving Sandalwood Cream
Aftershave: Shannon's 25th Street Lime splash
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
Rating Ten
cartoon1603562607961.jpg

Changed some hardware, kept the soap. My 3rd attempt with Arko and I think I am scrubbing my face too much with it. My first pass I have seen with different razors that both were clogging. I did use a soaked badger brush this morning for more water and that helped I think with lather and post shave face feel.

Day 1 on this blade, it has been a good blade for me the past couple months.

Overall happy with knowledge gained with the soap today. This scent is always a winner. And almost BBS 100% and that is always nice.

9.2/10

KM

PXL_20201025_151546359.jpg

Rating: 9.5/10 smoothness but 4/10 comfort
Pre-Shave: Warm water splash
Cream: Nivea blue tube
Brush: Omega 49
Razor: K1 SS
Blade: Personna (1)
AS: Stirling Bay Rum

This is my first time using a Personna blade in my superspeed. I used a Personna in my AS-D2 for the first time yesterday and I didn't like it much as it caused a lot of irritation during my normal routine. I decided to try it in the superspeed and it gave better results even though there's still more irritation than normal. I will say though that my face hasn't felt this smooth after 2 passes WTG and ATG in a long time. I got a LOT of feedback today from my aftershave which borderlined on uncomfortable. I'll give the Personnas a couple more gos to see if they get smoother but so far the first shave has been uncomfortable in two different(pretty mild) razors.

Top Bottom