What's new

I think I am beginning to come down with RAD, is there a cure?

I am new to DE shaving and I have been shaving s short while with a Rockwell 6S. I like it quite a bit. I have even posted that I don't intend to buy another razor. Then it happened. During some slow time I was browsing "The Safety Razor Of The Week" sticky and I saw the 1934 Gillette Aristocrat. It was love at first sight. Now I find myself browsing Ebay and the buy, sell, trade section. I don't need another razor. Do I? My infatuation with that razor is unexplainable. Now I just noticed some nice Gillette Super Speeds for sale at $20. That's not much to spend is it? It is like owning a piece of history right? I think I am starting to understand why some here have a rotation of razors in their stables. There must be a cure that I can take before it really takes hold.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I am new to DE shaving and I have been shaving s short while with a Rockwell 6S. I like it quite a bit. I have even posted that I don't intend to buy another razor. Then it happened. During some slow time I was browsing "The Safety Razor Of The Week" sticky and I saw the 1934 Gillette Aristocrat. It was love at first sight. Now I find myself browsing Ebay and the buy, sell, trade section. I don't need another razor. Do I? My infatuation with that razor is unexplainable. Now I just noticed some nice Gillette Super Speeds for sale at $20. That's not much to spend is it? It is like owning a piece of history right? I think I am starting to understand why some here have a rotation of razors in their stables. There must be a cure that I can take before it really takes hold.
Just buy a NEW Long Comb. It cured my RAD!

It's natural when you are starting out to be curious. Just set a budget and maybe decide how many razors you are willing to keep around. I have five that I use often and two that I use once in a blue moon. I don't really want more than that. I would have to get rid of something I already have to get something new. My RAD may perk up when something new comes out, but it is well under control at this point.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
1603486896382.gif

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
One of my favorites. Do you have a ball end or a bar on it?
Ball. Except I made a Frankenrazor out of it. I'm using a handle from a fat handle tech I think. Lol, I've only been on here for 4 and a half years! How does anyone expect me to know what all these old Gillette razors are called?

Now you know why all my teachers just KNEW I was going to be an astronaut when I grew up:

They all said the same thing:

I just sat around in class taking up Space!

True story doggone!

I like the 1940's style super speed.
At some point you have to realize
that if 100 guys all agree that one razor is the best,
next month another 100 might all agree that a different razor is the best.
And if you see the razor that you want the most
going for a ridiculously low price,
you have to be cool with letting somebody else have it.

Start into Straights and you’ll become terminal!!!

Top Bottom