What's new

Barrister & Mann soap bases

Hi all,

Has anyone had experience of all of B&Ms bases in terms of performance?

I have recently bought the Reserve Cool which I am very impressed with,and wondered how the Glissant and Excelsior compare?

thank you

I’ve used all of them. They all work very well. If I were to rank them in terms of performance it would go like this:

1.Soft Heart (PP-8)
2. Excelsior
3. Reserve
4. Glissant

Reserve and Excelsior are very close, almost a tie, but Excelsior has a slight edge. But honestly, all of them are wonderful.

So far I've used the reserve and excelsior base and they both perform fantastic easily one of my favourite soapmakers

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’m an unashamed B&M fanboy. I have more Reserve base soaps than any other B&M base (4), followed by the Soft Heart (3). Excellent products, creative scents and outstanding customer service.

I’m an unashamed B&M fanboy. I have more Reserve base soaps than any other B&M base (4), followed by the Soft Heart (3). Excellent products, creative scents and outstanding customer service.
B&M is probably my favorite maker overall - though Catie's Bubbles is possibly equal? I love/prefer the excelsior base (Seville, esp and Le Grand Chypre), and have had great success with the Reserve Classic and Reserve Cool. Some of the best scents in the business.

Top Bottom