What's new

Not a Good Sign

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Amen.

I did well to buy when I could, and I KNEW at the time it wasn't enough, but I'm okay all things considered.

But as I always tell my wife when she asks "how many guns do you NEED anyway?!?"

"JUST ONE MORE!" lol, and I haven't bought anything in about 5 years, so I should have stored up SOME goodwill with her!
Wait... Your wife knows you have more than ONE gun? :lol:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wait... Your wife knows you have more than ONE gun? :lol:
Oops.... I hide the rifles from her, as she is deadly accurate! Lucky for me I can still outshoot her with revolvers!

I never come on here via computer, but my memory is too bad to lock my phone, so if she ever really wants to find the secret life I live on here she could do it!

That's why I'm honest with her 99.23% of the time: the one thing she hates most in life is a liar.

Ya think she'd a never married me with all the tip toeing I did around the truth for the whole week we dated!

I could play in the 80gr range IF I find Retumbo or H-1000 (Really wanna try US869 but I fear it is too slow). As it is, using Ramshot LRT (I grabbed 40 pounds before things got weird!) the 250gr Sierras start at 97.3 and max out at 108.0grs while the 300gr pills start at 90.9 and top out at 100grs. I have pushed to 101.5grs but the brass gives up the ghost aka the primers start falling out in about 3 reloads... Getting a 300gr bullet running 3000FPS (and just shy of 6000 ft/lbs) is quite a hoot though! Knock your teeth out recoil impulse but the toothless smile is indeed worth it! :lol:
Dang, that's a pile of powder in each cartridge and I'm betting a pretty savage recoil given the velocities you're able to push those pills, haha, I think I'll stick with the pedestrian speeds I can get out of my 375, keeps the recoil down to a hard shove instead of a kick from a mule : )

Seems you're not alone on the search for Retumbo and H1000, stuff seems to be in demand up here as well, I still have a pound and a bit of H1000 left over from when I had a 7mmRM, worked great in that cartridge as well. I always wanted to try Retumbo for the 7mm but never could find the darned stuff reliably enough to want to start playing around with it(nothing worse than working up a great load and then struggling to find the components for it afterward, I actually avoid certain powders like Varget for exactly that reason).

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Amen.

I did well to buy when I could, and I KNEW at the time it wasn't enough, but I'm okay all things considered.

But as I always tell my wife when she asks "how many guns do you NEED anyway?!?"

"JUST ONE MORE!" lol, and I haven't bought anything in about 5 years, so I should have stored up SOME goodwill with her!
I have lived by the firm commitment that the next gun I buy will be the next to last gun I ever buy.

nikonNUT

Dang, that's a pile of powder in each cartridge and I'm betting a pretty savage recoil given the velocities you're able to push those pills, haha, I think I'll stick with the pedestrian speeds I can get out of my 375, keeps the recoil down to a hard shove instead of a kick from a mule : )

Seems you're not alone on the search for Retumbo and H1000, stuff seems to be in demand up here as well, I still have a pound and a bit of H1000 left over from when I had a 7mmRM, worked great in that cartridge as well. I always wanted to try Retumbo for the 7mm but never could find the darned stuff reliably enough to want to start playing around with it(nothing worse than working up a great load and then struggling to find the components for it afterward, I actually avoid certain powders like Varget for exactly that reason).
Honestly with the ol’ girl tipping the scales at 25 pounds and the Area 419 Sidewinder it’s not much worse than the 6.5 CM. Now strap a can on to contain that blast and things get... painful!

Walmarts around me took all their ammo off the shelves. However, everywhere else has 12 gauge like Bass Pro.

Even better, they've not adjusted their pricing. It's still at pre-scamdemic gouging (that looks almost reasonable now).

nikonNUT

Walmarts around me took all their ammo off the shelves. However, everywhere else has 12 gauge like Bass Pro.

Even better, they've not adjusted their pricing. It's still at pre-scamdemic gouging (that looks almost reasonable now).
Quoted for truth! They had 9mm for a good price (12.50/box for Fiocchi) last Saturday. .22LR is a little sketchy but still cheaper than most places that have it.

Top Bottom