What's new

Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

the big blade arrived today. I know i say this alot......but don't think this one has ever seen a hone ether.

20201016_163132.jpg

monster 8/8 Estas 14.

camo

proxy.php

proxy.php

These beauties finally landed from Europe. That’s just oil on blade still haven’t wiped off. Anyway I bought these as a birthday present to myself the first week of May. They made it to NY and bounced back to Belgium because of a mistake by Belgium post where they then were lost up until a couple weeks ago and they made there second trip and finally landed today :) feels like a second birthday [emoji23] anyway they are mint and I couldn’t be happier
Both natural scale
MK4
Mk32

Great day gents,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice! please send them to me and I'll inspect them to verify that they are the real thing. Of course they might get lossed in the return shipping. Unfortunately that seems to happen very often when I return packages.

Nice! please send them to me and I'll inspect them to verify that they are the real thing. Of course they might get lossed in the return shipping. Unfortunately that seems to happen very often when I return packages.

That’s so very kind of you Arne, let me think about it while I use them [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been looking at Thiers Issard for a very long time because of the very indifferent views especially build quality. My first choice was the Bison with denim micarta but I did not like the scales at all, IMO the are ugly in n hand. I was fortunate to be able to view a selection of TI razors. I do know that it will likely not be the last TI.

This beauty got my heart racing immediately, love at first sight is the best to describe our introduction. Honing took some elbow grease, I found the steel to be very hard, not sure if anyones got detail about this. I understand they quench this blade of n molten lead? Finish is high end and the Olivewood is very special. I'm very, very, very happy. The was exceptional.

A93BF9B4-07CD-478C-8B9A-C33BB31EDB1A.jpeg

3C53E516-291C-4303-B8DD-2BCA680900AD.jpeg

I have my first swede on the way, I do have a half swede cape razor but that's not quite the same thing. I was hanging out with some friends, who were generally nice enough to allow me to show off some of my collection, we got to talking, and a bit of drinking, and I decided I couldn't do without a Swedish straight any longer. Now I have a heljestrand mk 31 inbound for sometime this week, I'll update with pictures when it arrives.

Top Bottom