What's new

2020 Corn Cob Pipe Modification Contest

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Is there just five of us taking part? Where is everybody?
My situation has drastically changed in the last 24 hours...so I'm still hoping to get in on this thing but I'm delayed again. I may not be able to put as much into my entry as I had originally hoped. We'll see...

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Not sure how accurately I'll be able to drill this stem extension freehand.

IMG_20201017_042357.jpg

I need to get the two drilled holes to meet pretty well for this to work. Finding the bottom of the 7mm hole with the 10mm drill will be tricky. The other option is to try and splice two drilled sections together, but I'd rather avoid that if I can.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Measuring tape, pencil, drill press, and masking tape. And if you're like me, a straight edge.

I'm used to machined datum faces, micrometers, ultrasonic gauges and DTIs 🤣 I've got a crappy old drill press I inherited from a neighour, but no vice. No mitre block, no compound saw, plus wonky vision and coordination. :lol: There's going to be a lot of improvisiation and jiggery pokery :001_tongu

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Admiring your line work...

Cheers John. That's sloppy for me. I used to be a proper draughtsman, once upon a time :D It did help me get my head around what I'm trying to achieve though :thumbsup:

Are you going to be joining in too, John? Aside from Dave an Brandon, I think there's only me, Mike and Rookie signed up so far. It would be good to see a few more playing along ;)

Cheers John. That's sloppy for me. I used to be a proper draughtsman, once upon a time :D It did help me get my head around what I'm trying to achieve though :thumbsup:

Are you going to be joining in too, John? Aside from Dave an Brandon, I think there's only me, Mike and Rookie signed up so far. It would be good to see a few more playing along ;)
We'll see. I have a half finished one that I saved from the dogs a few years ago. They destroyed the other project one I was working on.
Chef life barely leaves time for smoking. Makes getting house and life stuff done harder. And extra dirty looks from the lady if the house when she sees the tool bins open but nothing that she wants done being worked on.

Top Bottom