PXL_20201016_121238150.PORTRAIT.jpg

Thursday

‘62 Tech
Astra SS (2)
Omega Boar
Pre de Provence 63
Proraso Green AS
View attachment 1169135
Ah fabulous BBS shave today. This is a great combo of ingredients.
I love the slight burn of Proraso and this blade cut so well on its second use. Incredible! The soap is fantastic,
Nice creamy lather, exquisite.... (I’m rambling coz I love shaving.... forgive me.....! I am satisfied...!

Please ramble! That's what I'm here for! 🙂

Friday, 10/16:

20201016_104117.jpg

Razor - Occam's Razor Enoch
Blade - Feather Pro
Brush - That Darn Rob "Nocturne" 26mm Fanchurian
Soap - PAA Blue Samhain
A/S - PAA Blue Samhain

Very good, with a strong finish. Today's knot has a little more scrub than the past couple I've used, but is a very good knot with a great ergonomic handle. I decided to leave more water in the brush and not overload because I wanted a good water load and quick slickness. Tons of creamy lather, and the scent was the center of attention. I got a fruity top note, with a base of a sort of pumpkin-rum/bourbon-vanilla-aged oak scent. It was really something. The razor skimmed through, and the aftershave put the pumpkin-bourbon-vanilla notes upfront, with a very sweet inflection to it. Probably not a daily scent for me, but certainly delicious smelling. There was a moderate alcohol burn on my upper lip for several minutes afterwards, and sure enough it was shaved super close. This is a very close, comfortable shave; really great!

10/16/2020

I shaved with the following:

Wilkinson Sword vintage DE razor (the metal butterfly one)
Feather Blades
Wilkinson Shaving Cream (rasiercreme)
Proraso Green pre shave
Wilkinson Pure Bristle Brush
Proraso Green after shave lotion
Noxzema Cool carbon balm
Nivea men moisturizing cream

I like the razor, the pre shave, the aftershave balm and lotion and nivea creme, the brush.

However, i had some issues with the shaving cream which left my face dry and generally dried up quickly. I also found the feather blades too sharp. I cut myself a couple times and went over some pimples that started bleeding. I don't know if it's my technique that lacks because i'm new or the fact that I only shaved yesterday so i didn't have long hairs because when i went to shave sideways i got cuts and painful moments....

Any advice?

Razor: Gillette The New Long Comb Ball End
Blade: Astra Superior Stainless
Brush: Rudy Vey Badger & Blade 2020 Group Buy #4/30
Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
Lather: Essence of Scotland Malt N Myrtle
Aftershave: Pinaud Clubman
Additional Care:
Thayers Facial Tonic Witch Hazel Unscented
Pinaud Finest powder
20201015_081846.jpg

10/16/2020

I shaved with the following:

Wilkinson Sword vintage DE razor (the metal butterfly one)
Feather Blades
Wilkinson Shaving Cream (rasiercreme)
Proraso Green pre shave
Wilkinson Pure Bristle Brush
Proraso Green after shave lotion
Noxzema Cool carbon balm
Nivea men moisturizing cream

I like the razor, the pre shave, the aftershave balm and lotion and nivea creme, the brush.

However, i had some issues with the shaving cream which left my face dry and generally dried up quickly. I also found the feather blades too sharp. I cut myself a couple times and went over some pimples that started bleeding. I don't know if it's my technique that lacks because i'm new or the fact that I only shaved yesterday so i didn't have long hairs because when i went to shave sideways i got cuts and painful moments....

Any advice?

If you're new to it, it could be your technique, but you also may benefit from a milder blade. Feathers are sharp enough that they'll cut right through little microbumps on your skin that other blades might go over. Definitely shave with a focus on your technique, but maybe think about the blade choice too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom