What's new

OCtober 2020

OCtober 16
773519C4-5D06-408B-972D-779832ED0497.jpeg

Stirling bergamot lavender everything (soft)
Essentia resin/olive badger/boar brush :001_wub: :001_wub: :001_wub:
PAA Starling V2 OC w/Personna GEM PTFE blade

Decent shave. Maybe another couple days with the Starling to dial it in.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
SOTD: Friday October 16, 2020 (OCtober 7th)
Razor: Hawk V3OC
Blade: Kai Pink (3)
Brush: Wilkinson Sword Boar
Soap: OH Puck!

IMG_0437[1].JPG

Today was a day to accumulate some new nicks. I hit gold and got about six. None that needed attention from the styptic but aggravating nonetheless. The problem seems to be that the teeth on this razor are farther apart, so it's more likely to straddle a bump than to ride over it. Great little tool for cleaning up skin tags, shaving bumps and old scars, I'll say that.

The same lathering technique as last time once again yielded a bowl of nice lather, enough for the full performance including the Wagnerian elements. [grin] I've realized that this is never going to be a daily driver for me. I picked up the V3SB and OC when they first came out, as a means of keeping interest up during the early days of the pandemic. I've come to think I'll let someone else have the SB, but I will keep the OC in spite of its ways as a nice razor to use maybe once a week or so when I feel like a little danger.

Looking forward to next week with the S2.

O.H.

Friday : Theme Lavender
Made myself an all Lavender kit and was time to try it. Lavender is very relaxing.
Razor : FOCS
Blade : Astra sp (2)
Brush: DS cosmetic 26mm silvertip
Soap : Stirling Bergamot and Lavender
Witch Hazel : Thayers Lavender
AS : PAA Lavender Planet
Pleasant scent.
9.8/10
Have a great weekend
IMG_20201016_173136.jpg

OCtober 16 evening
PAA nickel DOC v Yaqi SLOC / Bic Cr Pt (2)

Self-made Williams stick, Ever-Ready brush with vintage banded boar knot, last splash of summer badger blend - 3 parts Aqua Velva, one part Osage Rub.

E8597266-D23A-4EEC-9247-8F59F59E3AA9.jpeg

A couple of fine little razors, even if not in the first rank. Simple 10 minute shave, one pass, feels good to be cleaned up.

Sat 17th OCtober#13
Soap
The Goodfellas Smile Italian Orange
Brush Yaqi 24mm Sagrada Familia
Razor Gillette British RFB
Blade Gillette Winner Platinum #1
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Aqua Velva Musk
Fantastic lather from soap and brush combo. Creamy and slick with nice scent.
Shave with razor paired with the blade was good & efficient. Smooth and comfortable but a tad less than London Bridge blade. 3passes for bbs result but somehow some minor weepers. Excellent post & aftershave. Rating 9/10
20201017_125531.jpg

Top Bottom