What's new

What are you unpacking/ opening today, show pics or video, we love pics

My new WCS 84S closed comb razor arrived via the USPS today just in time to replace my defunct TTO razor.

DSCF2285.JPG

My Viking Chieftain became 'mechanically inoperable' after this morning's shave. The TTO mechanism(s) stopped working so I could not open or close the flaps, but I could open the flaps with my fingers.

Last edited:
I just received this Captain Kai clone. It's not the CJB that you see on the bay and it arrived in two days. It has a mirror polished finish and at $19 the build quality is fantastic. It has a robust spring and the parts mate well and engage properly. It came with a pack of ten no-name blades. I was prepared to use my artist club blades, as I did not know the seller would include blades. But now I'm thinking the no-names are at least worth a try.

clone.jpg

This is the follow-up to my post from a couple of weeks ago in which I discovered that a brush that Yaqi had sent was not only damaged beyond repair, but also the wrong brush!

Well, today, the replacement arrived and it is a real beauty. It also performs like a champ. Even with the short loft (46mm), it feels much softer and more compliant than their bulb-shaped Tuxedo brushes with a 55mm loft.

During my first shave with this brush, I was surprised by its plushness. Combined with the super-soft tips, it's like rubbing a cloud on your face! :biggrin1:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present the Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Fan-Shaped Tuxedo:

proxy.php

proxy.php

As a side note... This is supposedly a "defect" brush, but you have to examine the handle very carefully to detect it. There are a few air bubbles trapped in the resin that appear as tiny spots, smaller than the size of a pinhead. The surface is smooth, so you can't feel them. These minor visual imperfections blend in so well that you wouldn't notice them unless you're zoomed in like below:

proxy.php
I have ordered this exact brush. It's on its way. Can't wait!

Sent from my CPH1969 using Tapatalk

I just received this Captain Kai clone. It's not the CJB that you see on the bay and it arrived in two days. It has a mirror polished finish and at $19 the build quality is fantastic. It has a robust spring and the parts mate well and engage properly. It came with a pack of ten no-name blades. I was prepared to use my artist club blades, as I did not know the seller would include blades. But now I'm thinking the no-names are at least worth a try.

View attachment 1169143
Suit yourself, but I have heard that those no-name blades can be quite harsh.

I picked up one of these today too - bit of an impulse buy, don’t need one, didn’t yearn for one, but was interested to see how it goes. Will try it soon, need to choose its team-mate...

I rather cynically notice that they describe it as being designed ‘for edging’. In other words, ‘it’s not really for shaving, so please don’t stop buying our cartridges...’ 🙄

View attachment 1167523
i recently got the same one, never noticed the "edging" bit though, I'll need to have a look at my box when i remember where i put it😁

Thing is, that should have been my lot for today - but Royal Mail still have a packet to deliver! So I can still wait for more!
If I hear of a cure, @bluesparkuk , I’ll let you know! 😝
i know my collection is small compared to some, but since moving over from Gillette fusion in about June or July, I've now got around 40 brushes, near 30 soaps & creams, 5 safety razors, 4 shave bowls, and all the other paraphernalia that goes with it, travel cases & stands, styptic pencils etc etc etc😂😂😂

Last edited:
i know my collection is small compared to some, but since moving over from Gillette fusion in about June or July, I've now got around 40 brushes, near 30 soaps & creams, 5 safety razors, 4 shave bowls, and all the other paraphernalia that goes with it, travel cases & stands, styptic pencils etc etc etc😂😂😂
I respect your passion! Long may it flourish mate!

Top Bottom