What's new

Got my Falcon Pipe in. Better than I expected.

I got my Falcon pipe in yesterday. I love it. It smokes even better than I expected. Nice smooth draw. I'm only loading the bowl about half way until it breaks in a little. I figure I'll do 3 half bowls and then fill it.
If anyone is undecided about getting one of these, just get it. You won't be sorry. Here is a picture of mine.

Falcon.jpg

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
So begins the Falcon bowl AD’s :). If you look around they have solid Meer bowls as well. I never did pull the trigger in one, but I believe they are around 50.00.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I got my Falcon pipe in yesterday. I love it. It smokes even better than I expected. Nice smooth draw. I'm only loading the bowl about half way until it breaks in a little. I figure I'll do 3 half bowls and then fill it.
If anyone is undecided about getting one of these, just get it. You won't be sorry. Here is a picture of mine.

View attachment 1167272

Yes, I've been happy too, and I've not had one much longer than you have.

IMG_20201002_124003.jpg

I have found that a firmer pack than I'd use in a regular pipe works better. It helps slow it down a little, to counteract the rather large airflow in the bottom of the bowl. If I pack like a regular pipe, it burns fast and hot.

Yes, I've been happy too, and I've not had one much longer than you have.

View attachment 1167403

I have found that a firmer pack than I'd use in a regular pipe works better. It helps slow it down a little, to counteract the rather large airflow in the bottom of the bowl. If I pack like a regular pipe, it burns fast and hot.

That's interesting about a firmer pack. I'll have to try that. Did you just fill the bowl about half way for the first couple of bowls?

View attachment 1167272

Check your messages...I just knocked this down yesterday.

Pure Meerschaum Block
1602520057453.jpeg

So you did buy it. I just asked in the private messages if you bought it.

I saw the nice Falcon pipe components you bought so I had to entice you into buying MORE Meerschaum Falcon “hats” and “stuff” like I did! I can see your “wheels” are turning. Hehehe...

Yup...I bought all 3 “hats” and 3 “stems.” I responded to your message. Out of control...

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
That's interesting about a firmer pack. I'll have to try that. Did you just fill the bowl about half way for the first couple of bowls?

No, I smoke full bowls right from the start when breaking in a new pipe. I only smoke part bowls if I put too much out to dry on the smoke before, or not enough out to dry this time.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
No, I smoke full bowls right from the start when breaking in a new pipe. I only smoke part bowls if I put too much out to dry on the smoke before, or not enough out to dry this time.
I quit the half bowl thing I’ve done in the past. I really don’t think it makes much if any difference. Why prolong the agony? It is a good idea to smoke to the end of the bowl so char can form on the bottom.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur

View attachment 1167272
That looks like the one I believe I had in college. I may end up having to get one in future. My pipe smoking has improved over the past fifty years and I am getting a bit curious. Also, a new pipe rack is arriving tomorrow that I’ll have to fill 😂.

Nope. I have 4 new pipes to break in. I don't need a Falcon, no matter how convenient it would be. No matter how many meerschaum and meerschaum lined bowls I can get. Nope.

Top Bottom