What's new

shave bowls

lots of brushes and razors to choose from, but there does'nt seem to be a lot of choice when it comes to shaving bowls of a decent size,plenty of the mass produced ones on the various sales sites, but not ones that particularly appeal to me, i like some i see on Etsy, in fact i bought my black hand made one from Etsy, and i have another that i really like saved in my basket, have any of you guys got any good shaving bowls(not from the mass produced range) but something unusual and different 🤔

Attachments

• _20201010_140727.JPG
    _20201010_140727.JPG
    489.4 KB · Views: 136
  • _20201010_140950.JPG
    _20201010_140950.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 138
lots of brushes and razors to choose from, but there does'nt seem to be a lot of choice when it comes to shaving bowls of a decent size,plenty of the mass produced ones on the various sales sites, but not ones that particularly appeal to me, i like some i see on Etsy, in fact i bought my black hand made one from Etsy, and i have another that i really like saved in my basket, have any of you guys got any good shaving bowls(not from the mass produced range) but something unusual and different 🤔
im also just waiting on a grey one arriving, also from Etsy👍🏼

Attachments

• _20201010_154248.JPG
    _20201010_154248.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 53
i actually looked at that and added it to my basket, but wasn't sure if it would be long lasting, due to it being made of ox horn🐂, was thinking with it getting wet etc it might not last,have you used this one🤔
I have not used that bowl nor one like it; I'm much more of a ceramics sorta guy. Maybe there's somewhere near you where local artists display and sell their work? If so you could probably find something truly unique AND support a local artist. Not too mention potters are pretty cool people.

I had the following made from an Etsy company, Pottery Symmetry I believe is the name. I had this custom sized a bit smaller than they typically make them. It is not great for bowl lathering, but good for getting your brush primed for face lathering. The cheap plastic Timeless bowl is the best I have found for bowl lathering.
IMG_6350.jpeg

IMG_6355.jpeg

I had the following made from an Etsy company, Pottery Symmetry I believe is the name. I had this custom sized a bit smaller than they typically make them. It is not great for bowl lathering, but good for getting your brush primed for face lathering. The cheap plastic Timeless bowl is the best I have found for bowl lathering.
View attachment 1167033
View attachment 1167032
looks like its from the same company as the one I've got saved in my basket in my original post👍🏼... yes just had a look at my Etsy basket and the one i have saved is too from symetrical pottery👍🏼

Just design and 3D print your own. Or if you don't want to design your own, this is the best shave bowl I've ever personally used (I love the built in brush rest)...

There are other bowls you can print on there, too. If you don't have a 3D printer: just have your local library print it off for you.

Just design and 3D print your own. Or if you don't want to design your own, this is the best shave bowl I've ever personally used (I love the built in brush rest)...

There are other bowls you can print on there, too. If you don't have a 3D printer: just have your local library print it off for you.
This is exactly what I did. I designed my own and 3D-printed it.

Two worthy of posting. Both are, like bluesparkuk's, from Steve Woodhead on Etsy. One is a bowl and the other is a scuttle utilizing the same suribachi design. Both work wonderfully. Here they both pictured in recent SOTDs.

Attachments

• IMG_2491.jpeg
    IMG_2491.jpeg
    11.1 MB · Views: 62
  • IMG_2467.jpeg
    IMG_2467.jpeg
    8.2 MB · Views: 65
Top Bottom