What's new

A Day At The Range/Gun of the day

So as I said before shooting with my polarized sunglasses made seeing the sights on my G43 really challenging. So I though about it and wondered if the red dot I have on it was a problem. So I switched out the XS Big Dots I have on my 48 with it and boom! Problem solved.

288CA230-5640-47D4-AF39-20F0A13B8A56.jpeg

6E02D89B-3FD6-4D12-8805-F1B251BB8ECA.jpeg

All’s well that ends well as they say.

nikonNUT

The "Peter Hathaway Capstick" of small game
Took the TX22 out for a test run / break in and was quite pleased. Ran 200 rounds thru it and with the exception of one FTE (RWS subsonic) it never missed a beat! Managed to keep all 16 shots in a 4" group at 48 feet. It's a miracle I could see the orange dot that far away! :lol: Can't wait to get a can on this little bugger!

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Since I got my lot, it’s rare that I go to the range anymore. And honestly, that’s just fine. 90% of the guys at the range I go to swing so far on the political spectrum that even a card carrying member of that supposed party is considered a communist lol!

The biggest positive of me not going anymore though, is me actually being content with my collection for once. Gun ranges are like b&b for me. Reminding me of all the great stuff I still need to buy!
I hear that. This is why I don’t talk politics. Most would accuse me of being Lenin just because my opinion is slightly different than theirs.

nikonNUT

Y’all must have praying prettty hard! 😊 Headed to Triple C this morning and after navigating the longest driveway ever (seriously it’s 4 miles from the road to the pro shop) I got settled in on the 200 to 1000 yard range. They have it set up with 8, 4, 3, and 2 MOA targets. Started with the big ones (seriously, hitting an 8MOa target at 700 yards is really easy but it is kinda like shooting a bus so...) and worked my way down. Here’s a pic of the 2MOA lane with targets at 700, 800,900, and 1000 yards...
78ECDB66-1CDD-479C-914E-817117FB031B.jpeg
yeah, I can’t see them either 🤣 so here’s a crappy pic thru the spotting scope at 60x...
89598833-D8C9-44B8-97D0-33F06EDA885E.jpeg

I made them all go ding but the mirage got BAD and the wind unpredictable. Still saw a group or 2 form but you don’t just trot down and check targets so. Well worth the trip and I’ll be back with the 338 to try this range! 800 to 2000 yards...
B681F789-7DA6-4C58-A0F8-1B6393C33CB5.jpeg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Nice rimfire bullseye (precision pistol) match at my range followed up with some fun time shooting steel with my Ruger Bisley Sup. Blackhawk .45 Colt

View attachment 1164117View attachment 1164116

Tom

Now that's what I'm talkin' bout!

Tom, have you checked the cylinder throats on that Ruger?

I had a GS ream both my Ruger Bisley convertible's .45 ACP and .45 Colt cylinder to perfect .452. The stainless convertibles had a known issue- they were making the bullet smaller than the barrel diameter! Wicked leading.

AA

Y’all must have praying prettty hard! 😊 Headed to Triple C this morning and after navigating the longest driveway ever (seriously it’s 4 miles from the road to the pro shop) I got settled in on the 200 to 1000 yard range. They have it set up with 8, 4, 3, and 2 MOA targets. Started with the big ones (seriously, hitting an 8MOa target at 700 yards is really easy but it is kinda like shooting a bus so...) and worked my way down. Here’s a pic of the 2MOA lane with targets at 700, 800,900, and 1000 yards...
View attachment 1164886yeah, I can’t see them either 🤣 so here’s a crappy pic thru the spotting scope at 60x...
View attachment 1164880
I made them all go ding but the mirage got BAD and the wind unpredictable. Still saw a group or 2 form but you don’t just trot down and check targets so. Well worth the trip and I’ll be back with the 338 to try this range! 800 to 2000 yards...
View attachment 1164885

That's really cool.
I don't think they have anything like that near where I live.
I'm envious! I will live vicariously through you with this long range stuff.:)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.

Definitely looks like fun.

Well worth the trip and I’ll be back with the 338 to try this range! 800 to 2000 yards...

This is what I'm looking forward to reading about! :)

nikonNUT

That's really cool.
I don't think they have anything like that near where I live.
I'm envious! I will live vicariously through you with this long range stuff.:)
Well, it’s a 8 hour drive for me so I gotta do the long weekend or vacation thing.

Definitely looks like fun.

This is what I'm looking forward to reading about! :)
As soon as I get the .338LM lined out I’ll be trying to hit that yellow target! Yeah, I can’t see it either!!! 🤣🤣🤣

Kilroy6644

Smoking a corn dog in aviators and a top hat
Got to take my "new" Browning 1900 out today. Decided to do a "Century Day": everything was at least 100 years old. I had the Browning (somewhere between 1905 and 1907), a Colt 1903 (1906), a SMLE (1918), and a Mosin-Nagant M91 (1905).

IMG_20201007_163928945.jpg

We had a few failures to feed with the Browning and the Colt, which I'm chalking up to the flat nosed ammo. My wife enjoyed shooting both. Of the two, she preferred the Colt. She was not, however, a fan of the SMLE.

Screenshot_20201007-185450.png

Screenshot_20201007-185541.png

shoelessjoe

"I took out a Chihuahua!"
Glad we are all getting range time!

Tested a new Red Dot load today. Model 10 has those pretty new Altamonts:

full

Also shot SP-101 with new Meprolite front sight (thanks for install advice @shoelessjoe )

full
Your Model 10 looks every bit as good as it (& you) shoots ... love that pencil barrel & those Altamonts are lookers!

But, no SP-101 target photo(s)? Having one of my own, I know for a fact that they are not camera shy ... so, I can only guess that in following my “install advice”, you installed the Mepro sideways, which left you with a 101 that now shoots crookeder than a barrel of snakes?! 😬😉😉

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Your Model 10 looks every bit as good as it (& you) shoots ... love that pencil barrel & those Altamonts are lookers!

But, no SP-101 target photo(s)? Having one of my own, I know for a fact that they are not camera shy ... so, I can only guess that in following my “install advice”, you installed the Mepro sideways, which left you with a 101 that now shoots crookeder than a barrel of snakes?! 😬😉😉

I put 50 of these smoky over-Aloxed reloads through the SP-101 first thing. No pix. Can't hardly see a front sight blade in photos and the OTHER gun has the new grips! Do prefer the slightly higher hold/POI with the Meprolite sight. Yes, I remembered to install it with the tritium side of the blade facing the rear sight, as you instructed! :letterk1:

And no, it didn't fly off! That would have been the real question. In fact, in ten years when the tritium fades, might have to go to a gunsmith. I was generous with the superglue and that pin is really peened in there!

The more photogenic Model 10 was shooting nickle brass with red HiTek SWCs. Both 38's are sweet range toys and cold weather carry.

Range owner says, still plenty of traffic, but the shooters don't stay long!

AA

Top Bottom