What's new

Favorite Fall Soaps

is Haverford supposed to be the fragrant pipe smoke scent or more tobacco leaf scent?
I would describe it as a spicy vanilla tobacco pipe tobacco blend if you smell the pouch of tobacco.

Edit: Also I’m from central Kentucky and when I was growing up people were still raising and curing burley tobacco. I remember driving by the tobacco fields and the curing barns during the harvest. I guess that’s why I associate it with fall

Last edited:
I would describe it as a spicy vanilla tobacco pipe tobacco blend if you smell the pouch of tobacco.

Edit: Also I’m from central Kentucky and when I was growing up people were still raising and curing burley tobacco. I remember driving by the tobacco fields and the curing barns during the harvest. I guess that’s why I associate it with fall

What a nice description. I’m going to have to try it.

yup this just fell into numero uno spot.

20201007_162732.jpg

camo

I just used Haverford for the first time and this was exactly the pipe tobacco scent that I was looking for. It reminds me a lot of the fragrance of the tobacco / pipe smoke my father used. This is going to be a go to Fall / Winter soap for me. Thanks to all who recommended it!

I just used Haverford for the first time and this was exactly the pipe tobacco scent that I was looking for. It reminds me a lot of the fragrance of the tobacco / pipe smoke my father used. This is going to be a go to Fall / Winter soap for me. Thanks to all who recommended it!
Glad you’re enjoying it. Scents have a way of connecting us to (hopefully) fond memories

How do you guys get through so many tubs of soap!! I've got about 20 in my drawer which means anything more I buy just accumulates (but I'm using boars now, which helps!). Strictly sample sizes for me these days. I received yesterday a package of samples from Maggards to help me get my head around Summer ending (I need all the help I can get). Used Autumn Ash today. Very nice soap. A little strong on the incense note for my liking. Really looking forward to trying Leviathan, Darkfall and Massacre of the Innocents.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I love fall! Long Rifle has been an autumn staple for me. This year I’m rotating through Voyegeur, Leatherstocking, and Hunting Lodge. I’ve also got a couple of shaves worth of the old B&M Hallows left that I’ll finish up and maybe buy a new tub since they brought it back.

Top Bottom