What's new

Tour de France

I watched the NBC highlights of the TdF each afternoon. What a beautiful and well-ridden race. Nice work, Pogi!

Does anyone know if the Giro d' Italia, starting tomorrow, will be broadcast in the US?

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I watched the NBC highlights of the TdF each afternoon. What a beautiful and well-ridden race. Nice work, Pogi!

Does anyone know if the Giro d' Italia, starting tomorrow, will be broadcast in the US?
The UCI World Championships from Imola, Italy were on NBC's Olympic Channel last week. I don't know if this year's Giro is on the Olympic Channel, however.

It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!! 🚵🏻‍♂️
AEF7CB24-9015-4575-8982-8571D3820538.jpeg

Vive le Tour!!

This ain't yesterday! I raced in 1982 and this bike looks old to me.
You are correct sir, ain’t yesterday for sure! That’s Jacques Anquetil, the first 5 times tour winner and the photo is probably from the early 60’s. I love the history and stories of cycling, especially when it comes to the Grand Tours. I hope nobody minds me taking a lil through time. I was planning on posting some cool old Tour photos from time to time during the race 😎

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
You are correct sir, ain’t yesterday for sure! That’s Jacques Anquetil, the first 5 times tour winner and the photo is probably from the early 60’s. I love the history and stories of cycling, especially when it comes to the Grand Tours. I hope nobody minds me taking a lil through time. I was planning on posting some cool old Tour photos from time to time during the race 😎
This generation probably would not relate to the brake pads, manual shifters, spoked wheels, frame geometry, saddle type, seat post length, non-carbon fibre frame, pedals, shoes, stem, brake levers...

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
I love the classic cycling stuff! Much different riding experience.
When I got a titanium frame in 1982 I felt like I was cheating climbing uphill on a frame that practically rode by itself. Nowadays the frame weigh even less as does the gruppo. The new frame geometry cuts off quite a bit of tubing. A racing buddy says the steering is more accurate due to advances in frame build - no frame flex.

When I got a titanium frame in 1982 I felt like I was cheating climbing uphill on a frame that practically rode by itself. Nowadays the frame weigh even less as does the gruppo. The new frame geometry cuts off quite a bit of tubing. A racing buddy says the steering is more accurate due to advances in frame build - no frame flex.
The technological advancements are amazing. Hard to imagine how bikes will change over the next 10-15 years. But, for me...
4692DA2F-9A5E-4CAB-9245-A6E2B0532E91.jpeg

Nothing beats a classic 😁

Nasty “Off“ in the race that appeared on the news. Someone in the crowd holding a sign up merged with the pack, next was mayhem with bikes and bodies everywhere.
View attachment 1288088
Seems there will always be some idiots thinking they're doing the right thing, and justifying it afterward believing it was just the 'wrong time.' I hope the civil authorities drop the rock on this person, the cost in human flesh and treasure is Huge! ...and that's before considering the broken hearts of those who dream the dream. (Like the F1 drivers: "We race as One!")

Top Bottom