What's new

NEWBIE BLADE PIF!!!!

Hi and thank you for your generous offer!

I've been wet shaving for about a month and only joined this forum a day or two ago... I decided to switch over to wet shaving because I've never been happy with cartridge blades (never mind the cost!) and said to myself, "Wogus, there has to be a better way!" Got back into wet shaving with a DE razor from Maggards but was gifted a Merkur 38C. I'm thinking I might be experiencing a bit of learning curve with the Merkur after having used the Maggards handle because I'm typing this post with a mild case of razor burn.

I'm Still trying different blades to see whats works best for me and have only tried a few blades so far: Astra Platinum (which seem okay), Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (seemed okay, but I lost the little box) and finally Ladas Super Stainless (best so far).

As for what blades I'd like to request, if your offer is still good, I guess I'll go with the following:

Voskhod​
Derby Premium​
Personna Lab Blue​

I've been wet shaving for about a month and only joined this forum a day or two ago... I decided to switch over to wet shaving because I've never been happy with cartridge blades (never mind the cost!) and said to myself, "Wogus, there has to be a better way!" Got back into wet shaving with a DE razor from Maggards but was gifted a Merkur 38C. I'm thinking I might be experiencing a bit of learning curve with the Merkur after having used the Maggards handle because I'm typing this post with a mild case of razor burn.

I'm Still trying different blades to see whats works best for me and have only tried a few blades so far: Astra Platinum (which seem okay), Gillette 7 o'clock Super Stainless (seemed okay, but I lost the little box) and finally Ladas Super Stainless (best so far).

As for what blades I'd like to request, if your offer is still good, I guess I'll go with the following:

Voskhod​
Derby Premium​
Personna Lab Blue​
Awesome, your message is received In my PM!!! Will update when I can get them together and sent out!!

Voskhod​
Derby Premium​
Personna Lab Blue​
Ok paul!!! All packed up!!!
Will try and drop in mail on way to work tonight!!!

Can't thank you enough! What an awesome introduction to these forums.
Hope they make it to you safe!!!
So far noone has received theirs.
I always worry with postal service especially lately.
I have 9 packages over last 4 days that say "delivery attempted" but never came. No mail at all for 4 days ugh.
Hope your area is better.

Hope they make it to you safe!!!
So far noone has received theirs.
I always worry with postal service especially lately.
I have 9 packages over last 4 days that say "delivery attempted" but never came. No mail at all for 4 days ugh.
Hope your area is better.
I'd tell you we've had no issues with deliveries lately but I don't want to jinx this... :crying:

Will definitely post (ha!) an update when they arrive.

I'd tell you we've had no issues with deliveries lately but I don't want to jinx this... :crying:

Will definitely post (ha!) an update when they arrive.
All 9 showed up yesterday.
Although the ones due to arrive Saturday and Sunday will probably not come until Monday haha.
Can't wait to hear everything made it safe!!
And hopefully some good shaves out of your choices!!

Received my envelope today and, my word, very generous indeed. 41 blades, nine different models! Thanks again, Stefan. Totally stoked to try something new tomorrow!

Nine rows of four, plus five blades going the opposite way. Even you don't realize the scale of your own generosity!
Dang I'm thinking 9 rows of three and some on the side. Haha.
Sorry been working alot. Out of it.
I'm glad you're happy with it.
Hopefully I labeled them well enough.
Remove blades from left or from right to the opposite side because of how they're taped. :)

Last edited:
Dang I'm thinking 9 rows of three and some on the side. Haha.
Sorry been working alot. Out of it.
I'm glad you're happy with it.
Hopefully unlabeled them well enough.
Remove blades from left or from right to the opposite side because of how they're taped. :)
The labeling was perfect. Had my wife choose tomorrow's blade. Second blade (brand) I've ever used will be a Derby Premium. I'll let you know how it goes!

Wow. The Derby Premium have me an incredibly smooth shave. Zero irritation, and super close. Three passes + a little bit of touch up under my jaw got me BBS. Big step up from the ones that came with my razor, which always left me with razor burn in my touch up areas and could never get me BBS in certain areas of my neck. I'm excited to see how the other blades compare!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
@stoof2010

Great PIF! Not in.

Screenshot_2020-09-27 441df9495576a7743e32bd5f1c83c25a jpg (JPEG Image, 570 × 570 pixels).png

Wow. The Derby Premium have me an incredibly smooth shave. Zero irritation, and super close. Three passes + a little bit of touch up under my jaw got me BBS. Big step up from the ones that came with my razor, which always left me with razor burn in my touch up areas and could never get me BBS in certain areas of my neck. I'm excited to see how the other blades compare!
Awesome!!! Glad to hear!!!
:)

Top Bottom