What's new

Timeless VS Wolfman

In which case, considering I’m after a daily shaver that doesn’t feel significantly more aggressive than the Ti Timeless .95, I wonder whether WR2 1.15 might be a bit much, and I should go for 1.05...? Hmmm... 🤔
Does that make sense?

That is what I did. *For me* the WR2 was noticeably more efficient. Both are excellent. The Wolfman is more excellent.

I had the stainless Timeless .95 OC but didn't really like the 'face feel'. The .68 OC is fine (I kept that one), and was my daily driver although it needs just a tad more 'bite'.
But then I bought a stainless Karve with #C and #D (SB) plates.
Hmmm...that's much better I thought...and promptly bought the #E plate too.
Then I bought the WR2 1.15 DC (SB/OC).
So I have owned/used all of the mentioned razors at one time. What to suggest...?
For WR2 there is no contest...get the 1.25 (or bigger). Very smooth, but I found that the Karve #E plate outperformed the WR2 1.15 and was just as smooth.
Have sold the WR2 already. May get a 1.25 one day, but meanwhile...I have the Karve #F and #G SB plates winging their way to me now.
My only other want is to get a .95 SCL plate for the Timeless (polished, of course).
Yes, the Wolfman is a lovely razor but no use if you choose something too mild.
I only had mine for a couple of months and it was out the door. Gone to Australia to a member of another forum I'm on.
I mainly use Russian Gillette blades, and good soaps (both can affect the quality of your shave, and the 'feel' of your shave).

hey mate.. was just curious to hear about the efficiency of the WR2 1.15 v Timeless 95 OC.. were they comparable in your opinion?

Thank you, useful info.

I have the Titanium Timeless .95, which I love. I’ve never had the chance to try the SS Timeless .95, but I’ve seen quite a few people who had tried both saying that, even though they are equally efficient and the end result is the same, the Titanium feels “softer” on the face, maybe a bit less aggressive compared to the SS.

I’ve also seen people comparing the WR2 1.15 with the SS Timeless .95, which is the one you’re referring to as well, I believe?

In which case, considering I’m after a daily shaver that doesn’t feel significantly more aggressive than the Ti Timeless .95, I wonder whether WR2 1.15 might be a bit much, and I should go for 1.05...? Hmmm... 🤔

Does that make sense?

your welcome.. If I were you I wouldn't go under a WR1.15 especially considering you enjoy your Timeless 95. I think you will find it way to mild, I also think you can go up to a 1.25 BUT it is a big expense if it doesnt work out for you

hey mate.. was just curious to hear about the efficiency of the WR2 1.15 v Timeless 95 OC.. were they comparable in your opinion?
I felt that the Timeless .95 OC was more efficient than the WR2.
With the Timeless I had no real need to use it on the next day, and could use a milder razor instead (I'm a daily shaver).
With the WR2 1.15 I couldn't do this. Just a tad too much stubble appearing after 24 hours.
I didn't mind using the WR2 every day though as it is a great razor.
If I decide to get another it will be a 1.25 (probably DC again as I love having the choice of OC or SB).

I felt that the Timeless .95 OC was more efficient than the WR2.
With the Timeless I had no real need to use it on the next day, and could use a milder razor instead (I'm a daily shaver).
With the WR2 1.15 I couldn't do this. Just a tad too much stubble appearing after 24 hours.
I didn't mind using the WR2 every day though as it is a great razor.
If I decide to get another it will be a 1.25 (probably DC again as I love having the choice of OC or SB).

no worries, I can tell you that if you had no issues with the Timeless 95 OC you wont have issue with a 1.25, smooth comfy and close shave... especially with a feather

I own both the Timeless .95 OC and the Wolfman WR2 1.25 SB, they are excellent. The WR2 OC just wasn’t for me...
498F02D5-EA8D-4309-89C1-ECA01B3E5A23.jpeg
C8FD33F8-A113-4015-95A9-93B828690828.jpeg

I to have the Wolfman 1.15 SB and comparing to my .95 Timeless SS its a smoother shave but not as efficient as the Timeless. I wish I would have gone up to a 1.25 WR2 Wolfman baseplate, as I am a 2 a day shaver, and get more stubble after 24 hours shaving with my Wolfman than the Timeless.

Top Bottom