What's new

Something new (maybe new to you) about gillette blades!!!

I don't know if this has been discovered yet and I haven't found it written on any posts or threads on any of the forums but I noticed today that my new Gillette 7:00 blades and my new Astra SP that came in on the side of the tuck on the side that you open there's actually a manufacturing date code on them for that pack of blades. I have a couple hundred Astra SPS and Astra SS from years ago before they did this but when I heard they changed the Box I wanted to try them out so I picked up another hundred and on inspecting them today I found the date code then I went and looked at the new hundred pack of Gillette yellow 7:00 that I got in and they have the same thing so I don't know if it's all new Gillette blades or what but if you have any new blades or newer blades and you look on the side you'll know exactly when the packs were made. I wish they did this before but it's cool to know they do it now.

I have seen pictures of the dated packages. It is cool to be able to keep track of them.

Another thing I've seen that is interesting- on my Nacet boxes and some Lord manufactured blade boxes it is printed "Medium thickness" or an abbreviation thereof. I though all modern blades were pretty much made to a standard size but I'm curious if there are thicker or thinner blades

Thin blades have ~0.003 “ thickness ( 0,075 mm ).

Medium thickness razor blades are ~ 0.004” ( 0,1 mm ) thick.

Thick blades have ~ 0.005”
( 0,125 mm ) thickness .

Those are “universal” thicknesses,no matter the brand of the blades.

( 0,125 mm ) thickness .

Thank you. Very interesting, I did not know that.

Thank you. Very interesting, I did not know that.

Check for more info :

( 0,125 mm ) thickness .

All the above regarding DE blades only.

The dates on the P&G packages have been discussed in numerous threads in the last 4 years. It is just that there is no particular thread for the dating. It's all in threads about some blade model. The earliest batches with dates were in 2016.

The dates on the P&G packages have been discussed in numerous threads in the last 4 years. It is just that there is no particular thread for the dating. It's all in threads about some blade model. The earliest batches with dates were in 2016.
Ok thanks!!!
It's new to me lol.
See what I miss from being away from B&B!!

Top Bottom