What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" September 14th - September 20th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Decided it was a day for cream, I need to work on killing this tub anyway. Another run with the Ming Shi and I think 4 is the sweet spot for me. Ran most of the shave on 5, and decided to dial it back on the last pass just to compare and that was all she wrote, DFS.

Razor: Ming Shi 2000s [5] WTG, ATG ; [4] XTG
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (2)
Brush: Crabtree and Evelyn Pure Badger
Cream: AoS Sandalwood
Splash: Aqua Velva Musk
Balm: AoS Sandalwood

full

Mond shave 1.jpg

Mond shave 2.jpg

It’s the start of a new week and two different soaps will be used this week. The first one is Klar Seifen Rasiwerseife. The brush today is an AP Shaving Tuxedo syn. The razor is my Karve SB with the C Plate. The blade is a Treet Platinum. The aftershave is Thayers Rose Petal WH and L’Occitane aftershave balm. The fragrance is Jimmy Choo Man Intense.

Monday, September 14
proxy.php

Mystic Water Lilac~~Mondial 26mm~~Feather AC/Feather Professional Super~~Ed. Pinaud Lilac Vegetal
proxy.php

How about a great big "Shout-Out" to an artisan, who has stayed true to her formula.
Someone who doesn't constantly "change", just to change.
Someone, who's soap is fairly priced and offers EVERYTHING others offer for much less.
Michelle Burns at Mystic Water.
Thank you, Michelle. Your soaps are magnificent and your scents are sophisticated.
You, madam, are a true artisan.

Have a great day!

Monday SOTD - A BBS with a few weepers! Overall a great shave!

Pre Shave - Face wash using Truefitt & Hill No. 10 face scrub along with Warm water
Brush - Trigodon Tuxedo Knot synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Shaving Soap
Razor - Merkur 34C HD
Blade - Gillette Silver Blue on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Pink Woolf Seabuckthorn & Aloe Vera Aftershave Balm

So after long I shaved on a Monday morning. A good shave on Monday sets the mood for the week and definitely helps beating the Monday blues. I got a great shave today using all tried and tested products. Did a 3 pass shave where first and second passes were great. It was during the third pass in the quest of achieving a BBS I pressed the razor a bit hard near the chin area and above upper lip and got a few weeepers! Otherwise a fantastic 3 pass shave with BBS achieved!

The alum gave sufficient feedback as expected and further application of aftershave cooled the face down while making it soft and supple. The subtle fragrance of the aftershave is lingering even after 4 hours of shave thereby definitely keeping me on high spirits.

Next shave is due on Wednesday. Thank you 🙏🏽

View attachment 1154646View attachment 1154647View attachment 1154648

That brush looks awesome!

Sept. 14, 2020 - Sunday Fresh
Last Evening's shave

Return back to the RFB after trying it out a couple times before. I was not too impressed with the feel of an open comb razor initially. However, the razor feels very much like an Tech - mild and smooth for all passes. I stuck with the platinum blade here but will likely try a Feather blade to get better shaves (as I have with the other vintage razors so far). OC was fine yesterday - I think I prefer the feel of a solid plate but that might be because I'm used to it. I'll give this razor a go for a week or two.

Albizia is a lovely scent that I'm enjoying quite a bit. For a sunny day out, even though it was cooler outside, this scent is clean and refreshing. It's quite 'green' without any prominent floral notes. Not too strong or overpowering either. Overall, a great mix of products and my skin is decently smooth this morning.

Have a good Monday!

proxy.php

Monday, 9/14:

20200914_084018.jpg

Razor - PAA copper Ascension
Blade - Astra SP
Brush - Wolf Whiskers Becky 24mm synthetic
Soap - Santa Maria Novella
A/S - Cremo Reserve

Wow, I am really impressed with SMN. It's either a very soft soap or a cream, and if considered as a cream, it has to be the best I've ever used. The lather was shiny, creamy, and the glide was beyond good, both primary and residual. I was able to do my touch-ups just with the residual glide and there were no problems whatsoever. The razor skated around my face so smoothly, it was awesome. Phenomenal shave with an incredible product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom