What's new

What's Your Breakfast?

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
This was something new for me. My wife and I picked up some fresh figs from Trader Joe's. I love dried figs but had never tasted the fresh ones. I decided to slice some and cover a piece of toasted homemade bread slathered with cream cheese and drizzled with honey.

View attachment 1151977View attachment 1151978

I did come to realize after the fact (and after cutting open some other figs) that these ones were not a ripe as they could have been. If you are new to fresh figs as I am, when they are fully ripe they should be a much deeper red inside.

Tim
We are blessed to have a fig tree in our yard.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
Taco and coffee. The Mission carb balance flour tortillas at 45 calories per are quite good. I microwave them for 20 seconds. Made an egg somewhere between scrambled and a rolled omelette. Topped with Herdez salsa casera. Working on my second pot of Ruta Maya espresso roast.

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
One toasted slice of homemade multigrain sourdough bread, with home-churned butter, half a sliced store avocado because our growing season in Western Canada isn't good or avocadoes yet. Give it another 50 years.

Also a nice half-litre of home-roasted coffee, and a glass of orange juice squeezed just before breakfast.

I wasn't awake yet (BC; Before Coffee) so it didn't seem like a lot of work...

O.H.

The cleaning crew came this morning to do their every other week cleaning of the house. So my son and I went to the local diner for some outdoor dining. I had an egg white omellette with onions, peppers, mushrooms and mozzarella cheese, some home fries that were nice and well done like I like them and had some onions mixed into them. And of course a couple mugs of coffee. Son had some waffles. He's on a waffle kick lately.

IMG_20200911_070159282.jpg

Scrambled eggs with cheese and Cholula hot sauce
Hash browns
Coffee

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I had a turkey sandwich for breakfast. Lashings of turkey and bacon on toast with lettuce, tomato, and a bit of Ranch salad dressing. In fact, I had two such sandwiches. With a pot of tea and an apple.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
Yesterday I did huevos rancheros.
For the sauce I heated EVOO in a sauce pan and added
Tomato
Onion
Serrano
(All cut up)
Then some garlic salt and pepper to taste.
Cooked until tomatoes gave up their skin and mashed easily.
Fried 3 eggs over easy, plated, and poured sauce over them.
A fine meal when u add hot homemade flour tortillas and refried beans.

Way back when I worked at El Chico's, the cooks would scramble up eggs some mornings. That was a great breakfast!

I found this place on accident 3 weeks ago.

My neighbor and I were going to check out a breakfast restaurant. He drove and when we got there. Neither of us had masks to go in.

Saw this Mexican restaurant open and they had a drive through. So I figured we could get some breakfast burritos there.

They offered other Mexican style breakfast options too.

They cook it up good and give you plenty of food. Plus the price is reasonable. The Huevos A la Mexicana was only $7.50 there.

Been stopping by every weekend since. They do a great Huevos Rancheros as well.

Top Bottom