• Barbary Coast

• St Johns

• Royall

• DR Harris

• Other

• Stirling

Results are only viewable after voting.
What is your favourite premium bay rum.
This does not mean VIBR, Stephans, Masters or Superior 70.

In Europe, it's now hard to get US alcohol products. But I am enjoying the English made DR Harris and American made Stirling and Charles Baldwin bay rums. I was very disappointed with the Lucky Tiger.

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
352.png

Being in Europe, the shipping costs will be considerable for one let alone three bottles of bay rum. So it's not Bootleggers. Ever...

20200908_194055.jpg

I will have more success getting St John's, which is very rare in Europe being shipped and getting with high customs duty...

20200908_194446.jpg

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Being in Europe, the shipping costs will be considerable for one let alone three bottles of bay rum. So it's not Bootleggers. Ever...

View attachment 1152073

I will have more success getting St John's, which is very rare in Europe being shipped and getting with high customs duty...

View attachment 1152076

If the definition of a premium Bay Rum is the scent and feel, Bootleggers qualifies. If the definition of a premium Bay Rum is only that it costs a lot to get?

Then paying $110 getting the ingredients to make Bootlegger’s, also qualifies it as a premium Bay Rum.

Just sayin. :)

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
1) Bootlegger's Bay Rum
1a) Barrister and Mann Bay Rum

Bootlegger's Bay Rum is legendary for its scent profile, its longevity and for its fun factor. Did I mention its scent? Try em all!

For me, Barrister and Mann is also excellent, YMMV.

I am looking at recommendations to buy, it is futile to list products I cannot order and have shipped. My idea of premium is a glass bottle with pure essential oils. A cheap plastic bottle with synthetics is not a premium product...

JCarr

What sources can you buy from? Just European vendors? Can you get a hold of the Barrister and Mann Bay Rum?

JCarr

Some others to keep your eye out for:

Dr. Jon's Anne Bonny
Ogallala Double Strength
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Atomic Age
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Space Nog
(Space Nog is a seasonal release, but it should be available shortly)

After Domenica Bay Rum got unavailable in Europe one seller started their own Version:

108 proof Jamaica Rum
+ essential Bay oil
+ Glas bottle

300ml/10.1 floz for EUR 32.00

Smells and feels very close to the original. Small caveat there is no flow reduction so you either decant or use quite liberally 😀

After Domenica Bay Rum got unavailable in Europe one seller started their own Version:

108 proof Jamaica Rum
+ essential Bay oil
+ Glas bottle

300ml/10.1 floz for EUR 32.00

Smells and feels very close to the original. Small caveat there is no flow reduction so you either decant or use quite liberally 😀
Thanks, I will add this to my wish list.

Have you tried Bootlegger’s Bay Rum?

Oh, welcome to our Gentleman’s forum. :)
No, I have not tried it. I have a greater chance of having Unicorn tears delivered than three large bottles of alcohol, but although you are a Gentleman you seem quite persistent when the opening post quite clearly states that I don't consider any of these products premium products.

I have had nothing but disappointing experiences of any product in a cheap nasty plastic bottle with synthetic and artificial scents.

Top Bottom