What's new

Alcohol

There are still individuals and sites, such as Sharpologist that oppose alcohol. Here is a Doctor with an interest in skincare that debunks that myth, it can be beneficial..

I won't argue with anything said in the video, but I think she is talking more about cosmetic products that have alcohol as an ingredient, rather than an aftershave splash whose first and primary ingredient is alcohol. Not saying that is bad for you either, but some of her points may be altered somewhat. Only you can decide whether something agrees with your skin.

I won't argue with anything said in the video, but I think she is talking more about cosmetic products that have alcohol as an ingredient, rather than an aftershave splash whose first and primary ingredient is alcohol. Not saying that is bad for you either, but some of her points may be altered somewhat. Only you can decide whether something agrees with your skin.
Is she referring to aftershaves? No. Can the knowledge be transferred? Yes of course. That alcohol would assist the Panthenol and Allantoin in your aftershave. You do realise that sone Salicylic acid toners are just as strong as aftershaves.

Back in the day when nearly every man shaved daily, alcohol based splashes were the norm.

Nowadays cosmetic balms are everywhere. Call it marketing, call it science evolution, but every time I watch a movie or see photos from the 40s, 50s, 60s I notice how well groomed men were, with perfect skin.

There are pics in this forum from Mr Miquel, founder of Myrsol, who had great skin at age 94. He reportedly used only his Emulsion to shave and Plastic Shave splash as aftershave.

Anyway, to each his own. I won’t ever put a balm again on my face

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I hope to win the PIF given by the Captain. And I hope it has alcohol in it.

All my life I’ve used alcohol on my skin, and look how good looking I am.

I thought that alcohol was a solvent. Without it, the essential oils and other exotic ingredients wouldn't dissolve in the water.

As far as the disinfectant properties, yes, alcohol does have that. But I keep a bottle of red wine handy for medicinal (i.e. non-drinking) purposes because it has good antiseptic properties not due to the alcohol content.

I hope to win the PIF given by the Captain. And I hope it has alcohol in it.

All my life I’ve used alcohol on my skin, and look how good looking I am.

You look like a shirt.

As for the AS - I don't know about Land Ho, but I have a bottle of the sandalwood (which smells great) and the entire ingredients list is alcohol, essential oil, and glycerin. Which means it is almost pure alcohol. Using it after a rough shave will wake you up and sharpen your senses in ways you did not previously know possible.

In the beginning, I honestly preferred witch hazel. But alcohol whether ingested or splashed is addictive. It's like spicy food.. hated in our youth but the more you try it, the more you want it. Now anything I eat that is not spicy is bland... and any aftershave splash with no sting is unsatisfying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom