What's new

Bic Blades ?

I'm finding the Bic I've been using in my Merkur 34C to be a really nice blade. Comfortable and sharp. How do you know if you have the fake ones or not?

I'm just getting into DE shaving after receiving a Rockwell 6C as a gift. Started going through a sample pack; Bic Chrome Platinum was the fourth blade I tried and it was a "Eureka!" feeling. Maybe I jumped the gun but I ordered 100. Very sharp, but still feel smooth to me. It seems to me the sharpness actually helps with smoothness, since there isn't any pulling or chattering trying to get through my coarse beard; just sweeps it away. I tried the Feather blades but for some reason even though they are sharp, Feathers felt scratchy on my skin. I'm sure my technique needs a lot of work but for now I'm quite happy with Bic. When I first started shaving I quickly settled upon Bic disposables, which were fairly new at the time. Maybe my skin is tuned to the Bic edge profile :)

I'm just getting into DE shaving after receiving a Rockwell 6C as a gift. Started going through a sample pack; Bic Chrome Platinum was the fourth blade I tried and it was a "Eureka!" feeling. Maybe I jumped the gun but I ordered 100. Very sharp, but still feel smooth to me. It seems to me the sharpness actually helps with smoothness, since there isn't any pulling or chattering trying to get through my coarse beard; just sweeps it away. I tried the Feather blades but for some reason even though they are sharp, Feathers felt scratchy on my skin. I'm sure my technique needs a lot of work but for now I'm quite happy with Bic. When I first started shaving I quickly settled upon Bic disposables, which were fairly new at the time. Maybe my skin is tuned to the Bic edge profile :)
Where did you order BIC ? Careful with fakes

Where did you order BIC ? Careful with fakes
From Amazon seller with lots of positive reviews. Haven't got into the packs yet. Next shave will be the first from the carton. (edit: missed the "fake" descriptions on previous page. Mine have the greek verbiage so hopefully they're legit and will perform as well as my sample blades)

Last edited:
From Amazon seller with lots of positive reviews. Haven't got into the packs yet. Next shave will be the first from the carton. Any tell-tale signs to look for?

I purchased a 50 pack for $10 from an Amazon storefront called UAGFS Group. They have a 98% positive rating in the last 12 months from 118 customers. The ones I got appear to be legit.

So far it has always been a pleasure coming back to BIC after going through other blades, I think I might just order a 100-pack of these, their efficiency is crazy.

Well, I feel I may have gotten fakes. The tucks had the full writing, but the blade I tried just didn't have the same ease. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that great. The wrapper is also fairly different in color, more of an orange compared to the sample blade's yellow wrapper. I'll try a few more of these but maybe I need to find a more reliable source?

Attachments

• IKE - 1.jpg
    IKE - 1.jpg
    11.3 MB · Views: 35
Well, I feel I may have gotten fakes. The tucks had the full writing, but the blade I tried just didn't have the same ease. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't that great. The wrapper is also fairly different in color, more of an orange compared to the sample blade's yellow wrapper. I'll try a few more of these but maybe I need to find a more reliable source?
Where did you get them?

Amazon seller who had 100% positive feedback (over 1000) in the last 12 months. Not going to give names since I'm still new at this and only speculating. Could me me, could just be one bad blade, etc... From now on I think I'll try well-known shaving-supply houses.

Anyone tried BIC from razor blades club? Are they legit?
I bought the 100 I got from razor blades club but have nothing to compare too as these 100s are the first I buy. They are for me insanely sharp and I think they need to be paired with the right razor. So not sure if fake or not but by the sharpness I guess they are the real deal. I would not hesitate to use up these 100. Think I have used 10 blades already in rotations with other brands. Please see image under for reference on Bics from razor blades club.

IMG_20191015_182925.jpg

I have since tried more blades from my 100-pac of Bic and they were as nice as the sample I originally tried. At this point I'm feeling like they're legit and my one "bad blade" could have been due to any number of mistakes on my part or simply one "bad blade".

Ah well, I've since had more disappointing examples. I'm starting to understand perhaps why opinions vary so widely. I'm starting to wonder if some of this is due to fact these aren't glued to the wrapper, leaving the blade to move about in the wrapper and perhaps some of them get dulled during transport? In any case I'm tired of the variability. The Rockwell blades that came with my razor are significantly better than my last two Bics but others have been marvelous.

I got 100 from azon, they shipped the package no envelope or anything....just a sticker.
The blades are HORRIBLE.....I think they pull hairs and don't cut. I have tried them in different razors... might have managed to finish one shave? I tried corking one...same problem. Now I won't use them....life is too short....
I then got a set of 2 bladed bic disposables at the dollar sotore (for traveling) exactly the same....

This is interesting that this blade gets so many mixed reviews... I may order a small batch but am a little unsure about it! Amazing that this thread I started has gotten all these replies.

Even the Astor blades get fakes. The oroginals cost no more than 50 eurocents / 5 blades

Here's a comparison between packages and blades. First (left to right) is a rather old package (10+ years), 2nd is a package I bought from Kaufland (EU hypermarket), 3rd is a package I bought at a store in the local market.

IMG_20200705_114421.jpg

First hint of the package that's not quite right:
IMG_20200705_114434.jpg

2nd hint of the package that's not quite right:
IMG_20200705_114517.jpg

One of these is not like the other:
IMG_20200705_114647.jpg

Blade older package:
lama_pachet_vechi.jpg

Blade from package bought at Kaufland hypermarket:
lama_pachet_Kaufland.jpg

Blade from pack bought at the local market:
lama_pachet_magazin_din piata.jpg

Wrapping paper and cutting edge fully show which one is the fake.

I find it incredible that there's an operation that would counterfeit inexpensive blades such as the BIC Astor

Top Bottom