What's new

SOTD "FREE WEEK" August 31st - September 6th, 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
09/05/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Barber Shop Tobacco and Bay Leaf
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A Woodsy, Aromatic Fall Classic!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements La Tierra Mojada Artisan Shaving Soap Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Crown King Shavette - Bone Scales Handle
Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements La Tierra Mojada Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant

B IMG_7644.jpg

09/05/20 Shave of the Day
Face Wash with Wood Box Soap Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap Barber Shop Tobacco and Bay Leaf
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Malbolge Conditioning Shampoo Puck - A Woodsy, Aromatic Fall Classic!
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements CUBE Mentholated Preshave Soap
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements La Tierra Mojada Artisan Shaving Soap Ultra Premium CK-6 Formula
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements The Peregrino - 24mm Roswell (grey) Hybrid Synth Brush
Creative Flame Pottery Stoneware Shaving Scuttle
Whitmor Water Spray Bottle
Crown King Shavette - Bone Scales Handle
Astra Green Superior Platinum Blade - 1st Shave
Laboratoires Osma Pure Potassium Alum Block
Thayers Alcohol Free Lavender Witch Hazel Toner with Aloe Vera
Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements La Tierra Mojada Artisan Aftershave & Cologne
Stirling Soap Company Glacial Unscented Post-Shave Menthol Balm
Schmidt’s Charcoal + Magnesium Mineral Enriched Natural Deodorant

View attachment 1150859
Excellent line-up, Steve!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
CD5FFEFA-9A7A-4580-BB1F-97CF79B2CFFE.jpeg

1) England: Brush Progress Vulfix mixed Badger and Boar.
2) USA: Shaving Cream Gillette Pure.
3) USA: Razor M1 Gillette Black Handle Flare Tip.
4) Russia: Blade Astra SP.
5) France: Alum Block Osma.
6) Italy: Aftershave Balm Proraso Aftershave Balm.
7) USA: Lather Bowl Captain’s Choice Copper Lather Bowl.

Sunday SOTD
[IMG]

Razor: Noonan & Son Domino 5/8 Half Hollow
Brush: Wolf Whiskers 24mmSynthetic
Shave Bowl: TW 3D Printed
Pre-Shave Scrub: MRGO Lime
Pre-Shave Balm: GroomingDept Unscented
Shave Soap: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe
Aftershave: Black Ship Grooming Captain Joe

SOTD : 6th September 2020.

18.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower / Nivea Men ~ DEEP CLEAN Shower Gel.

Pre:

Cold wet flannel to my face.

Pears ~ Transparent Soap Bar / Wilko Men's Shaving Oil.

Brush: Unbranded Turkish Boar.

Bowl Lather.

Tesco's Ceramic 'Cosmo' Side Bowl.

lather: Derby Lemon Shaving Cream.

Blade: Treet ~ Black Carbon. (2)

Razor : Parker ~ 55sl Semi-Slant.

Cold Water Face Rinse./Homemade lavender eucalyptus, +Tea Tree essential Oils Witch Hazel Mixture./ Osmanli ~ Lemon Eau De Cologne.

Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

Another very comfortable 3 pass + pick ups near BBS shave with no errors to report.

The Treet Carbon pairs together with the Parker 55sl Semi-Slant wonderfully making a smooth non-aggressive yet efficient duo.

Finishing the shave off with a small dollop of Wilko ~ Lemon & Black Pepper Body Butter.

My face is feeling silky smooth & smelling divine.;)

Stay safe, and enjoy you Sunday ladies & gentlemen.😎

Sun 6 Slantember SOTD
Cream TOBS
Brush DS Cosmetics 26mm Badger
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Elios Inoxidable 9th use
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Gatsby Splash
Face lathering with the brush results in a nice lather. Not dense but creamy and slick enough. The scent was wow...strong Sandalwood for sure.
Today's shave with this slant paired with the excellent blade was initially terrible for the 1st few strokes wtg until I realized I made crucial mistake. The handle is not fully secured and thus the top cap is not fully closed with the base plate resulting in a huge blade gap and loud chattering. Once I tightened it properly....WOW! Super smooth and comfortable.....sharpish and very efficient too. A very pleasant 3+1 multiple direction pass with BBS results. Post & Aftershave was great and face feels smooth and soft. Rating 9.5/10. Would have been 10 if not for a creeper...
20200906_104025.jpg

20200906_153801.jpg

Sunday SOTD - A Luxurious BBS+ shave!

Hi friends, Friday was hectic at work and I started my day at work pretty early and hence could not shave. The same got compensated by the fantabulous shave today which was way above a normal BBS! The 96 hours long stubble definitely helped achieving the finest shave I had in a long time. And as per the spoiler of Wednesday used a new shaving cream today - Taylor of old bond street Sandalwood shaving cream! Man first of all this is not 100% sandalwood, I mean there is a hint of Sandalwood but this cream smells much more than that, I smelled a powdery note filled with Lavender, Patchouli & Rosemary with an alluring hint of Sandalwood! The fragrance was very fresh and soothing I must say.

Pre Shave - Pink Woolf Oudh & Sandalwood pre Shave Oil
Brush - Pink Woolf Boar Hair shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Razor - Parker Variant Satin Chrome finish
Blade - Parker Premium Platinum on 3rd use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash (No alum today)
Aftershave - Davidoff Cool Water Aftershave Balm
Cologne - Davidoff Cool Water EDT

To start with the boar brush has started showing good results, soaked it for 15 minutes and the bristles became super soft. Hardly couple of bristles shedded today and the brush performed extremely well on face lathering. I need to certify TOBS Sandalwood shaving cream at all, as mentioned above excellent fragrance which is much more than just Sandalwood. A small quantity produced voluminous and very slick lather. Also the feeling on post shaved skin is also amazing, the skin feels hydrated and very soft.

Did a 3 pass shave today. The razor was set at 3 for the first pass and the blade perfectly mowed the 4 day old stubbles. The 2nd pass was done with the scale reduced to 2 and further the 3rd pass was completed setting the scale at 1.5. The result was one of the best shaves in years. I feel like I patted my skin today with a feather for 3 times and the stubble is gone! Forget about nicks, cuts and weepers there is no irritation or any feeling of my skin ran over by a sharp blade!

Did not use alum at all today and directly applied aftershave balm and further topped the fragrance up with the EDT of same brand. Davidoff Cool Water is a blind choice for me for ages now, the fragrance works wonders on my skin and keeps me fresh throughout the day.

So a definite BBS++ grade shave today.

Thank you and wishing all a great Sunday ahead 🙏🏽
114F7838-FF5A-46FC-A85F-0451A61BD48B.jpeg
5C929884-F0FD-469B-9D9E-87D3A2A92321.jpeg
F66C82C2-E4C7-415C-869C-CBF6D92BFB2A.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom