What's new

The ammo struggle is real.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
I saw my 1st new Python in the wild today. Someday but not at that price.

4A9C2A75-AFDD-49B5-98F5-335CC0E4197E.jpeg

jar_

Too Fugly For Free.
Back when the snakes were still just coming out of their shells I seriously considered a Python but it just wasn't as pretty as my S&W M27 and didn't shoot better than my Highway Patrolman so I passed. And it was considerably less expensive than this hatching.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
Was at my LGS to pick up my Aero Precision lower AR receiver today. Sparse selection of handguns available, but several military style semi-auto rifles available, I think most were consignment sales. No 9mm or .40 S&W ammo available. There were , amazingly, a few Anderson AR stripped lower receivers available.

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
It's sad that that is a great price.

No comment on the price. But the LE grades are less commonly found at the LGS, and most vendors are sold out of it at the moment.

The 8 pellet version is the one to have if you use a 12 gauge for HD. Less strays.

Just throwing it out there as a PSA, for those desperate to get some. Otherwise, the standard-grade shells are honestly going to be fine for HD, too. Those can be found anywhere.

Well, not everything is hard to come by this day and age. I returned from a range trip today highly dissatisfied with an 1892 rifle I’ve had for a bit. The gun just won’t shoot anywhere near straight without the front sight pushed all the way left and rear all the way right. Also the curved metal butt on this 1892 is not a good fit for my shoulder and isn’t fun to shoot as long as I’d like despite this thing being a beautiful colored case hardened beauty, she’s gonna go away. I decided, with very little resistance from the wife, to go ahead and order an 1873 in the same caliber. Much to my surprise, the 1873 is in stock and ready to ship to my local FFL.

I’m more of an 1892 guy, but really really like the 1873 I already have so much that I felt this new rifle would not be a purchase that I will easily regret. Also, the 1892 is a bit more desirable in these parts and will likely have a lot of interest when trying to sell.

I hope everything anyone else is on the hunt for is easily found for a fair price.
1A58048A-074C-40CF-87F5-90A9A47EFC8C.jpeg

Well, not everything is hard to come by this day and age. I returned from a range trip today highly dissatisfied with an 1892 rifle I’ve had for a bit. The gun just won’t shoot anywhere near straight without the front sight pushed all the way left and rear all the way right. Also the curved metal butt on this 1892 is not a good fit for my shoulder and isn’t fun to shoot as long as I’d like despite this thing being a beautiful colored case hardened beauty, she’s gonna go away. I decided, with very little resistance from the wife, to go ahead and order an 1873 in the same caliber. Much to my surprise, the 1873 is in stock and ready to ship to my local FFL.

I’m more of an 1892 guy, but really really like the 1873 I already have so much that I felt this new rifle would not be a purchase that I will easily regret. Also, the 1892 is a bit more desirable in these parts and will likely have a lot of interest when trying to sell.

I hope everything anyone else is on the hunt for is easily found for a fair price.View attachment 1150404

I keep putting off a lever action, so maybe next year. They’re beautiful guns.

I placed my orders for 3 pistols before all hell broke loose and picked them up before the end of April, just under the wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep putting off a lever action, so maybe next year. They’re beautiful guns.

I placed my orders for 3 pistols before all hell broke loose and picked them up before the end of April, just under the wire.

in anticipation of Hilary back in 16, I sold and traded a bunch of guns I got a dealer incentive pricing that I wasn’t interested in holding long term. I had always wanted some nice lever guns but they are pretty uncommon in my area, and the prices are pretty high and firm, so I never really lucked into them with one exception. But I sold off a few pistols, a Tommy gun, and some knives and I treated myself to 3 levers. I ordered this 1892 (45Colt), an 1873 (38/357), and a Marlin 1894 (44mag). I already had a Winchester 1894 (45Colt) and a Miroku Winchester 1892 (357). I absolutely love running these guns. They are just wonderful to look at, handle and shoot, with the exception of the one on its way out. I highly recommend getting a lever gun because they are so much fun.

in anticipation of Hilary back in 16, I sold and traded a bunch of guns I got a dealer incentive pricing that I wasn’t interested in holding long term. I had always wanted some nice lever guns but they are pretty uncommon in my area, and the prices are pretty high and firm, so I never really lucked into them with one exception. But I sold off a few pistols, a Tommy gun, and some knives and I treated myself to 3 levers. I ordered this 1892 (45Colt), an 1873 (38/357), and a Marlin 1894 (44mag). I already had a Winchester 1894 (45Colt) and a Miroku Winchester 1892 (357). I absolutely love running these guns. They are just wonderful to look at, handle and shoot, with the exception of the one on its way out. I highly recommend getting a lever gun because they are so much fun.

Not only do lever actions have an slurp from my youth, but they seem perfect for running through brush and they’re beefier than ARs.

Top Bottom