What's new

SOUTHERN WITCHCRAFTS

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Some of best lathering soaps in the market!

In all honesty, I think just about every scent they make smells like an incense shop in the San Francisco Haight Ashbury District.

But I fell in love with their Samhain scent. And the wifey liked their Druantia scent, so I purchased that splash for myself as well.

Like I mentioned, their soaps lather on par with the best. Incredible slickness. One of the very best.

And I love their splashes. They are milky white and not so liquidy. They contain no alcohol, the scent lasts most of the day, and they add witch hazel instead...which I absolutely love. No burn.

If you cannot get with the scents, go with their “Incorporeal” soap. (Unscented). So you can at least experience an incredible shave...and use your own splash afterwards.

I had like 10 of their samples, and I just sent them out to a friend today.

Wish I would have seen this post yesterday, as I would have gave them to you.

Samhain and Druantia are my two personal picks.

257D8581-2E89-47CF-BF9C-7A7FC689BAE9.jpeg

8E1F8D37-2F70-4B70-B4EE-3AD250B6997F.jpeg

Of those I've tried so far, I would put Lycanthropy, Tres Matres and maybe Pomona in the warm weather class of fragrances, with Carmilla sort of on the edge, although there's broad latitude for interpretation there. They don't really have (from what I've tried) a true "green" or strictly "floral" fougere, but their Fall fragrances (Samhain and Autumn Ash are good examples) are really distinct as cool weather scents.
I will echo this comment. Pomona is easily the most fruity and summery of their scents, but all of the profiles are unique, I've never smelled soaps like them. And the scents can change radically from the can to the brush. What you smell is not always what you get. Performance is top-notch.

I have a couple of the southern Witchcrafts soaps in my collection. Their cedar and Druantia. They’re great performing soaps. The cedar is what in my mind a cedar soap should smell like. The Druantia is an earthy mushroomy scent to me. Between the two I like the cedar best but it seems to be unobtainium right now

I did try alchemist which I love the scent of so much that i will save a little bit of my sample to smell forever since it's discontinued :laugh:. Didn't care for pomona much at all.

I was a tad nervous about ordering from SW given I have heard their scents are quite polarising, but given I had heard such positive things around their performance, I ordered Samhain and Anthropophagy. The former is, for me, a stand out scent (hints of Penhaligon’s Halfeti) and the latter is very pleasant.

Was considering blind buying a few tubs from them, but a couple that I wanted were out of stock. Thankfully they still had samples available, so I put an order in for the 10 pack of samples they offer. If some of them end up as winners I'll order full soaps once they are available again. Have high hopes for Autumn Ashes, Samhain, and Pomona.

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
Samhain is one of their best. (See my photo above).

Their soaps sell out quickly, months before autumn.

I also pulled the trigger on Barrister & Mann’s “Hallows”.

I only purchased B&M’s “Hallows” balm, as I will use it with a scentless lathering soap, and no cologne. (I never use multiple scents, as I think it’s pretty ghetto to place multiple scents on yourself, and then get this funky concoction scent wafting away the entire day).

Anyhoo...it’ll start getting cooler soon.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Samhain is one if their best.

Their soaps sell out quickly, months before autumn.

I also pulled the trigger on Barrister & Mann’s “Hallows”.

I only purchased B&M’s “Hallows” balm, as I will use it with a scentless lathering soap, and no cologne. (I never use multiple scents, as I think it’s pretty ghetto to place multiple scents on yourself, and then get this funky concoction scent wafting away the entire day).

Anyhoo...it’ll start getting cooler soon.

Yes; looking forward to trying a "Witchcraft," everyone likes the soaps if not all the scents.

Hallows is interesting, hope you like. A fairly funky concoction itself! (Better than Lyssa, though).

Reading H.P. Lovecraft; cooler weather IS right around the corner ....

AA

I was a tad nervous about ordering from SW given I have heard their scents are quite polarising, but given I had heard such positive things around their performance, I ordered Samhain and Anthropophagy. The former is, for me, a stand out scent (hints of Penhaligon’s Halfeti) and the latter is very pleasant.
I just shaved with anthro for the first time this past week and thought it was pleasant at first, but if you wait around ... the second pass or third I got this wonderful musky Woody note that was masculine, enjoyable, and that I didn't see coming. I love the way this scent is layered and walks you through a story and it definitely doesn't end the way it starts out.

(Sent from mobile)

I just shaved with anthro for the first time this past week and thought it was pleasant at first, but if you wait around ... the second pass or third I got this wonderful musky Woody note that was masculine, enjoyable, and that I didn't see coming. I love the way this scent is layered and walks you through a story and it definitely doesn't end the way it starts out.

(Sent from mobile)
That's the first thing I noticed is how it changes from the jar to the bowl to the face. It's a lot of fun. Probably the most complex soap scents I've ever used.

Ordered samples from maggards unfortunately out of stock of samhain. I got Autumn ash, Druantia, and Tres Matres which I was curious about, but might not be too much of a fall scent. I pre ordered hallows as well.

Last edited:
Ordered samples from maggards unfortunately out of stock on samhain. I got Autumn ash, Druantia, and Tres Matres which I was curious about, but might not be too much of a fall scent. I pre ordered hallows as well.
Of the ones listed I’ve only tried Druantia. Not one of my favorite scents. I still want to try Autumn Ash, Trea Matres and their unscented soap

Raymondmillbrae

Totally bogus
I didn’t like all the scents.

But Samhain really grew on me - so I ended-up getting the soap and splash.

Wifey liked Druantia, so I got the splash only.

But like Ive mentioned, they have some of the slickest soaps that lather incredibly.

Try a bowl lather, and watch those huge bubbles get started almost immediately. And with a good brush and whisking technique, it’ll get super rich and creamy in no time flat.

My favorite Unscented soap was Soap Commanders “Integrity” soap. (Unscented).

But it got slammed and surpassed by Southern Witchcrafts “Incorporeal” soap. (Unscented).

Just a tip. If you get yourself a super solid Unscented soap that works great...then get it.

Thereafter you only need to purchase a balm or splash of different manufacturers for their skin conditioning or scents...and not the soap.

Save yourself the added expense of having to purchase a bunch of different soaps...unless you really want to check their shaving properties.

I say that because I never mix scents...ever.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Lycanthropy arrived today, finally. The hurricane disrupted the mail for a while.

It's funky and complex! I'll call it this year's Halloween soap.

Does it smell like a werewolf? Unsure, but will it add hair or help remove it?!

AA

I love SW soaps. I have them all. Their scents are amazing and truly suited for this time of year (but I use them year round). Some of my favorites are Alchemist, Autumn Ash, Necromantic and Grave Fruit.

Top Bottom