What's new

Enter your Review Requests: Here

I would sure like to see a review of the Creed GIT Shaving Soap.
Have not seen any referense to Creed shaving soaps on this board. Wonder how they perform.

Wolverine said:
I would sure like to see a review of the Creed GIT Shaving Soap.
Have not seen any referense to Creed shaving soaps on this board. Wonder how they perform.

I can't speak for the shaving soap, but Joel has a great review of GIT cologne.

TimmyBoston said:
I can't speak for the shaving soap, but Joel has a great review of GIT cologne.

It seems Creed has shaving soaps in GIT, original Santal and Original Vetiver.
I am really interested in how they shave. I didn't see a price on the soap I came across, and I was in too much of a hurry to ask.
Maybe a mini review or just a comment from someone who has tried Creed shaving soaps?
Sorry, I don't mean to clutter up this thread. Mods feel free to delete!

I would love to see a review of Taylor's St. James Aftershave Splash, please.
Also if how the fragrance in the AS compares to the Shave Cream, that would be so great.

Thanks! :badger:

What about Aubrey Organics shaving creams. I purchased a tube of this stuff and I couldn't get it to lather. What are your experiences with these products?

Lazer or laser DE blades that I found in 'Wilikinsons' (UK 'budget price' chain store)? Anyone else seen them?, anyone used them?, any good?
Find the story HERE.

What about Aubrey Organics shaving creams. I purchased a tube of this stuff and I couldn't get it to lather. What are your experiences with these products?

This stuff is very difficult, if not impossible for ME to lather. No...it IS impossible to lather. I don't think its meant for lathering though. The stuff is pretty slick, and smells good (I've tried Island Spice) but isn't worth being in my regular rotation. The all-natural aspect is a big plus in my book, but this stuff just doesn't blow my hair back (which its gotta do if its brushless to get any consistent use).

btw - I do use the Island Spice Balm once in a blue moon...not bad. It does, however, have some black pepper oil in it which I understand some people can't handle.

This stuff is very difficult, if not impossible for ME to lather. No...it IS impossible to lather. I don't think its meant for lathering though. The stuff is pretty slick, and smells good (I've tried Island Spice) but isn't worth being in my regular rotation. The all-natural aspect is a big plus in my book, but this stuff just doesn't blow my hair back (which its gotta do if its brushless to get any consistent use).

Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm sure that AO is a non-lather shaving cream, but when I bought it, the tube did not mention this fact. Oh well, I found I can mix it with Proraso and still get a good (better?) lather and enjoy the great scent.

Just bought an AoS fine badger brush at the tobacconist. Anyone have any comments/reviews? (by the way, you can't search the forums for "Art of Shaving" because "art" is too short of a word.)

Thanks for the feedback! Now I'm sure that AO is a non-lather shaving cream, but when I bought it, the tube did not mention this fact. Oh well, I found I can mix it with Proraso and still get a good (better?) lather and enjoy the great scent.

Just bought an AoS fine badger brush at the tobacconist. Anyone have any comments/reviews? (by the way, you can't search the forums for "Art of Shaving" because "art" is too short of a word.)

Just a head's up. When you look in the reviews section alphabetically, some people put it in as "Art of Shaving" and others, "The Art of Shaving."

Nancy Boy after shave gel? I've read nothing but praise for their shave cream and was thinking about ordering.

I have a Shavemac L (25mm) nickel/black, and I freaking love it. I only have experience with one other brush though, so I don't feel "qualified" to make any comparisons.

I just ordered one from Vintage Blades.....glad to read that you freaking love it.

Top Bottom