What's new

What did you use today? +Rate the shave 1-10 (10 best)

Head and face Parker CC

Derby

Nivea cream

Victory

Good shaving 8,5/10

IMG_20200901_104606.jpg

Razor: Razorock Mamba 53
Blade: BiC Chrome Platinum (4)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving Soap in a bowl

1 nick. No irritation. No itching.
Close and pleasant shave.
Last shave this blade. A lot of buffing needed. :straight:

Rating: 9.7/10

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Rating: 8/10
Pre-Shave: Cold water splash - OPR Bay Rum soap
Soap: Arko
Brush: WCS Honeycomb Tuxedo synthetic
Razor: RazoRock Mamba 70 w/WCS handle
Blade: Kai SS (3)
Post-Shave: Cold water splash - hyaluronic acid - Lucky Tiger Face Tonic
AS: Captain's Choice Cat-o'-nine-tails

A simple, pleasant shave this morning. No issues. Pressed for time today so I couldn't do the picture setup.

Happy Shaves, Everyone! Enjoy the day.

Daily Shave: 01 September 2020

DSCF2229.JPG

Prep: Dial Liquid Soap Razor: Viking Chieftain Brush: Omega 11126

Blade: Gillette 7 O’clock Yellow Blade #2 Shave #4
Passes: 2 (WTG & ATG) buffing A/R
Soap: Van der Hagen deluxe using rain water and Campbell’s soup container.
A / S: Old Spice
Rating: 9.5 DFS+ A good shave this morning. No major stubble or nicks, but one tiny weeper. Blade is hinting a dullness.

Razor: RazoRock Game Changer .84 P with HD handle
Blade: Personna US Lab Blue, with the old blue wrapper; 2014? (shaves 1 - 4)
Brush: Omega Sintex synthetic; slightly larger than their Baby Pro
Soap: Arko stick, just opened
Rating: 9.0

Used my travel setup last week while out of town. Although I had BBS each day with WTG/XTG/ATG passes, I had quite a few nicks; the new Arko stick, while easily lathered, seemed much less slick than the old Arko stick it replaced. This was a mystery.

Tuesdays shave 1.jpg

Today's shave starts off with PAA's Big Shave Southwest Soap - one excellent soap. The brush is the first brush I bought after joining B&B and one of my smallest: a T&H Silvertip. Before getting a Muhle Synthetic, the T&H was my travel brush. The razor is my ATT s-1 loaded with a fresh Personna Med Prep blade. The aftershave was Thayers Rose Petal WH followed by Neutrogena Triple Protect ASB. After a shower, some Yves Saint Laurent frag. A perfect shave. 10/10.

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- MWF / Proraso Green

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 7/10
Another frusting MWF shave. After reading some advise on another thread I decided to soap the puck for a week to let it fully hydrate and expand to fit the container I have it in. It did soak up water and expand, but I still couldn't get a decent lather out of it (drier than normal brush, tepid water, loaded longer than other soaps etc). I still got a lot of slickness from it but the lather just dissipated until I added in some Proraso Green. Other than that, I still got a nice close, smooth shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block. Will try a different brush and face lathering with the Fat for my next shave and see if that helps!

JCarr

Pre-shave (in order of use)
- Clinique for Men Face Wash
- Sukin Pore Refining Facial Scrub
- Clinique Clarifying Lotion 2
- King of Shaves Advanced Shave Oil
- MWF / Proraso Green

Post-shave (in order of use)
- Omega Alum Block
- Jack Black Protein Booster Skin Serum
- Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng
- Jack Black Double Duty Moisturiser

Tools
- Edwin Jagger DE86
- Israeli Red (1)
- Omega Pro 49

Shave Rating: 7/10
Another frusting MWF shave. After reading some advise on another thread I decided to soap the puck for a week to let it fully hydrate and expand to fit the container I have it in. It did soak up water and expand, but I still couldn't get a decent lather out of it (drier than normal brush, tepid water, loaded longer than other soaps etc). I still got a lot of slickness from it but the lather just dissipated until I added in some Proraso Green. Other than that, I still got a nice close, smooth shave with no irritation or feedback from the alum block. Will try a different brush and face lathering with the Fat for my next shave and see if that helps!

What is MWF?

A 24-hour beard for a change

1930s Gillette NEW Short Comb, with a new Rapira Swedish Supersteel blade -- and a shim underneath

La Toja in stick form

APShaveCo synthetic tuxedo brush

Stirling SDM aftershave, Assured lotion, Clubman powder

I wanted to get back on my Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday-Sunday routine again, so I shaved today. After my shower, a little La Toja as a pre-shave, then lathered up. The other experiment today was to try a shim under the blade of the NEW, just because. I've read about it here, and wanted to see what the effect would be. One pass WTG on cheeks and lower lip, two (WTG and ATG) on throat, and I was done. The blade felt a little coarser than any previous shave I can recall with the smooth and efficient NEW, but there was no irritation, and my shave ended up as more than socially acceptable. Verdict: 9.0.

JCarr

Tuesday Shave - A birthday special 9.95/10 BBS!

Pre Shave - Hot water splash and Truefitt & Hill No.10 Pre Shave scrub
Brush - Hajamat Ash Wood Handled synthetic shaving brush
Shaving Soap - Hawkins & Brimble Shaving Cream
Razor - Edwin Jagger DE89 with chrome finish
Blade - Gillette Wilkinson Sword (India Made) on 1st use
Post Shave - Running cold water splash along with application of alum
Aftershave - Truefitt & Hill 1805 Aftershave Balm (My birthday gift from beloved wife)

Used all tried and tested products and the brand new birthday gift Aftershave today! The shaving cream and brush worked really well on face lathering and produced voluminous and slick lather. I find the India made Wilkies one of the smoothest blades around and with EJ DE89 they work extremely well.

Very comfortable three pass today and an excellent BBS shave! While there were no weepers, nicks or cuts the only concern was a little redness in the neck area post touch ups which was cooled down by application of alum. And then came the most awaited part of today’s shave - the application of the 1805 aftershave balm. Ah! I love the fragrance of this balm and it lingers so very well for a long time. Apart from that it does the very obvious thing really great - i.e. soothing the shaved skin and making it soft and supple.

A great 9.95/10 BBS today. Next shave is due tomorrow which will be an extra cautious one!

Thank you 🙏🏽

View attachment 1148414

View attachment 1148416

Happy Birthday! Nice kit!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
GEMonday, Aug 31st 2020- Goodmorning on this first frost day, seems a little early to me but it came this morning.

Razor: Gem Featherweight (1st generation)-Mfg 1950-52+2nd gen 1953-54, excellent lower mid range IMO.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (1) Excellent blade.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- excellent lather qualities with a nice mild clean appealing scent.
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow brown whiskers 26mm synthetic- Excellent brush to create lather and those cloud like soft tips.
Pre shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard.
Prep:Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock American barber with witch Hazel + a small dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BbS + no irritation + 1 small weeper= :a17: excellent shave with my Gem Featherweight 1st Gen.

MMMonday, Aug 31st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
SE SOTD, Tue, Sept 1st 2020

Razor: Gem junior 1912 parade with Baton handle-Mfg 1943- mid range and a joy to use the tapered Baton handle.
Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE(2) Excellent blade, very sharp, great longevity,predictable blade, excellent cost per shave.
Soap: Haslinger Schafmilch- nice mild scent with excellent lather qualities!
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm- creates excellent lather with nice soft tips for painting lather.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a small dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
Results: 9.5/10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers= :a17: Excellent shave with my Gem Jr parade 1912 baton handle.

SE SOTD,Tue, sept1st 2020.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Top Bottom