What's new

Please recommend me a synthetic brush!!

My brush has just disintegrated, so i need a new one.

don't want boar or badger.
don't want to pay more than £15.

thanks in advance. :)

I just got a Yaqi segrada familia 24mm tuxedo In the mail. I should have done more research before I placed an order because I'm not sure I like it...at least not yet...a bit too big and WAY too dense.

That being said, I bet most shavers would like it. It's certainly high quality for what I paid. So I do recommend Yaqi for synthetics... Just do a better job of researching the different knots than I did.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200829-133113~2.png
    Screenshot_20200829-133113~2.png
    123 KB · Views: 30
Not sure what these would cost where you are but I am partial to these:

This is no longer sold at L'Occitane, but if you can find its equivalent you would have a GREAT brush.
Brush-Plisson.jpg

I really like this brush as well. Muhle 31K 256 Silver Tip fiber.
Brush.Muhle.31K256.jpg

Of the synths I've tried, I *really* like my Razorock 400 Noir the best. If you can find it in stock anywhere. I "had" to buy some special edition metal handle version to get one (that bumped the price a bit) but I reach for it time and again. It lathers easily in a bowl or on my face. It is soft as a breeze on my face. It splays easily when I want it to and not when I don't.

I really like it. I may have mentioned that already.

It is difficult to recommend a brush that works for you. It depends on whether you prefer face lathering or making lather in a bowl. I suggest that you don't spend a lot of money in the beginning if you are not so familiar with synthetic brushes. In this jungle of brushes you can really miss if you buy an expensive brush that for example don't work for face lathering.
I only do face lathering and the brushes I recommend is Yaqi Chianti's 24mm and Yaqi Segrada Familia.

It is difficult to recommend a brush that works for you. It depends on whether you prefer face lathering or making lather in a bowl. I suggest that you don't spend a lot of money in the beginning if you are not so familiar with synthetic brushes. In this jungle of brushes you can really miss if you buy an expensive brush that for example don't work for face lathering.
I only do face lathering and the brushes I recommend is Yaqi Chianti's 24mm and Yaqi Segrada Familia.

I bowl lather!

I am not massively fussy, the brush i have now is just dropping bristles everywhere and in a few more shaves will be useless. But i think for now a Yaqi one will be fine.

Top Bottom